Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have finally got a few chances to get these baby into some snow. December 28th we did a trip while I was home with the Magic City 4x4 club. It was mostly a snow run in the Absorkee Mountains in MT. The tires did awesome the entire trip. The other members of the club were very impressed with how they did as they were a "small" tire (31x10.5). I was constantly being asked if I was locked on both ends and what kind of lockers I had(open on both ends). The only other 31's I had to compare to wass my Dad's BFG M/T's which they walked all over. We had one steep hill climb and I balsted up it no problem. My Dad was following me and couldn't make it up the same route. We were both at 20 psi. After five minutes of trying we aired him down to 12 and he made it up. I dropped mine to 10psi after that. The other tires that were being run where 37 MTR's, 35 SSR's, 36 SSR's, and 35 TSL's. Except for the larger tire size the PJ's did better then all of them. They just keep grabiing traction. Everyone if in the club was impressed. Exspecially after the hill climb. They didn't expect me to make it up. The snow conditions were 2-3.5' of soft powder with a hard layer underneath.

Rapid City just got snow this week and I got to try them out on snowy/icy streets. Once again the did great. Just as good as my old BFG AT's. The braking isn't quite as good as the AT's but better then Dad's MT's. The only bad thing about these tires?? Price.... Hopefully I'll be able to hit some more snow and get some pics.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually everyone on the ride minus my father and I had on-board, CO2 tanks, or electric air. Should have tired a lower PSI but it was fricken cold out and I didn't feel like standing out there to get it down to 5-8 psi. :flipoff2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.