Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i've owned a toyota for 6 years now and never wants to dent it and what not so.. 4 months ago i decided i was going to build something i could rail on and dent up and not have to worry about any of it. i came upon a really cheap 3rd gen cab bed and frame for $200 and decided it was time! the original plan was to leave the front leafed 4 link the rear and just run an exo cage over the existing body... well plans change and heres what we started out with and what we ended up with

after paint

ended up saying bye bye to the front clip

front axle i picked up for $100

little more cage done

got the top done

dumped the hood down a little and took about 7 inches off both sides

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hacked the rear frame off

found a donor 86 runner that i picked up for $700 the sold the wheels tires and some other stuff so i have $300 into good running 22re tranny transfer case rear end and drive lines

four link done for the most part

full bump in the rear

before and after

·
Registered
221 Posts
love the tube work. did you add more to that passenger front control arm? only thing i saw that looked iffy. also hope that you didnt leave them threads that far out that would be just plain newb:homer: other than that looks :smokin:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya its been beafed up :) the first picture was about half way through getting getting it tac'd up the second pictures done but you cant see the brakets i added on the back. and the links arent all squared up so they wont be that far out

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
what part of oregon you in...i saw the oregon plate on the donor truck

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wtf is up with all the splices and the implements rod ends?
lol before i built this cage i didnt even know what a tube bender looked like... so i think im doin pretty good given how much i know so far. never said it was the best thing in the world :) and tractor links are cheap and i am a farmer so tractor links it is :D

·
Registered
308 Posts
Really like the look. And just so you know, I will be copying the hell out of that top x-bar on my build, minus the splices :flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts