Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Not a Wenzelite
36,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't own a pistol but have talked myself into spending some rat holed money on one in the future. I am leaning toward a auto, but that is where it all comes to a grinding halt. What auto do I want?
...there are some great threads posted by people looking to buy their first (or best) pistols.

Lots of people love the 1911.
Lots of people love the S&W M&P series.
Lots of Glock lovers here
Lots of single action Ruger lovers here..
All of them are good for guys with big hands--especially the fullsize models--and have mod options.

People in OSR gunfawk with just about every gun out there to make it reliable/accurate/smooth, etc. This isn't a "buy a gun and be happy with it" forum. This is a "Hey, I found a deal, now I'm going to cut/grind/weld/file/melt shit on and off of it to make it my gun." This is the PBB of gun forums. Wait....

The best advice is to go to a range that has rentals and fingerfuck about a dozen guns and buy one that fits you best, shoots best for you, point shoots, has controls that are intuitive to you, etc.

Welcome to OSR. You can ask serious question here. ;)
You ask serious question in Chit-chat, you get fucked with. :laughing:

·
Registered
780 Posts
Thank you. Don't guess I have ever noticed this forum. Guess if I did I didnt relate it to shooting sports and the like.

Wonder if a mod would move my thread here since I caused such a stink in the other forum.:laughing:

Thanks again.

·
Registered
12,348 Posts
...there are some great threads posted by people looking to buy their first (or best) pistols.

Lots of people love the 1911.
Lots of people love the S&W M&P series.
Lots of Glock lovers here
Lots of single action Ruger lovers here..
All of them are good for guys with big hands--especially the fullsize models--and have mod options.
Also, the springfield xd line.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I always love these threads. Most people just recommend what ever pistol they own.

H&K, Glock, SIG, S&W, Walther, Ruger, Springfield, FN, Steyr, CZ, Kahr, etc. etc. etc. are just fine.

My advice is to buy whatever you find a smoking deal on, shoot it, sell it for a profit if you no like, repeat as needed.

What you'll find is that most guns are decent. They're are actually very few truly crappy guns.

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
Thank you. Don't guess I have ever noticed this forum. Guess if I did I didnt relate it to shooting sports and the like.

Wonder if a mod would move my thread here since I caused such a stink in the other forum.:laughing:

Thanks again.
Find a shooting range that rents guns.

Go there, shoot different models and different calibers.
Figure out what "feels right" and points naturally.

Come back and report on results

·
Premium Member
6,814 Posts
Find a shooting range that rents guns.

Go there, shoot different models and different calibers.
Figure out what "feels right" and points naturally.

Come back and tell everyone else that it is the only good gun made
FIFY. :flipoff2:

·
Not a Wenzelite
36,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What you'll find is that most guns are slightly different fit and function. Most peoples hands are somewhat different shapes. You'll find one that fits your hands best, points well, and has controls that work well for you.

Mechanically, they're all pretty decent.
They're are actually very few truly crappy guns.

If it doesn't fit you, it's going to feel crappy to you.
fify

1 - 9 of 9 Posts