Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i gotta vent/brag some to lighten my spirits about NFA shutdown, oblamacare etc.....

I've got a Ruger Single action revolver sitting at my FFL that I need to go pickup but i will hold off and go get it when my Remington 1903a3 comes in to him as well. it shipped today from Kansas and should be there by Thursday or Friday. i can get it Thursday if its all there, but if it comes Friday ill be out of town and ill have to wait until next week sometime. :(

on top of that, my trip to Houston this weekend was to visit the girlfriend's family AND pick up my 300 blackout can from the manufacturer but i think i am going to be about a week (and now with the shutdown) or two early. was really looking forward to getting that thing and saving myself another trip.

but ive got another one about 2 months behind it that i can hopefully pickup from the manufacturer when we visit Houston for Christmas.

cliffs: ive got 2 new-to-me guns arriving within a week and a new can coming within two weeks. so im anxious and expectant at the same time.

now if I could just get my deer blinds up, id be almost all set for the Fall. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
11,603 Posts
cliffs: ive got 2 new-to-me guns arriving within a week and a new can coming within two weeks. so im anxious and expectant at the same time.

now if I could just get my deer blinds up, id be almost all set for the Fall. :flipoff2:
How do you know it's coming within 2 weeks? Has the tax stamp already been approved and you are just waiting on the manufacturer?

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Deer blinds up? The seasons been open almost a month up here!
I've already got a little blacktail fork down, and gonna go lookin for the makin's of big antler soup next weekend.

·
Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do you know it's coming within 2 weeks? Has the tax stamp already been approved and you are just waiting on the manufacturer?
I was told it was sent to the examiner on July 15th and that I should receive the approved stamp within 90 days. That appears to be in a couple of weeks.

Deer blinds up? The seasons been open almost a month up here!
I've already got a little blacktail fork down, and gonna go lookin for the makin's of big antler soup next weekend.
Season don't start here till late November. But I've been feeding and had cameras out for a month.

and he'll probably wear shorts and a t-shirt to do it.

snowback
The heat has backed off some here with a little rain. Mornings have been nice in the upper 60s with afternoons in low 90s. I'll wear a T-shirt to work in at the ranch but rattlesnakes, cactus and mesquite require jeans and boots only.

·
Registered
11,603 Posts
I was told it was sent to the examiner on July 15th and that I should receive the approved stamp within 90 days. That appears to be in a couple of weeks.
I wouldn't hold my breath. Mine got kicked back in June and I was told it usually takes 2 weeks after they get all the proper paperwork returned for it to be approved. I am still waiting.:mad3:

My FFL has been telling me "any day now" for months.

·
Registered
768 Posts
when did you call? I called a few weeks ago and was told 9-10 months from pending but expect it closer to 11 months. On top of that the gov shut down has also sent all the examiners home from what Ive heard.

·
Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
when did you call? I called a few weeks ago and was told 9-10 months from pending but expect it closer to 11 months. On top of that the gov shut down has also sent all the examiners home from what Ive heard.
That call was made yesterday

·
Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmm. Im not really sure what to believe anymore.
well they have been pretty much right on with my other items this year. actually got two of them in less time than they said after correcting errors.

got shipping notice that the 1903 will be at the FFL on Thursday! :grinpimp:

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Season starts late November, how long does it last and when's the rut? Our season runs sept 10-dec 10, and opens 2 weeks earlier for archery. Rut is mid to late October until early/mid November. Mind you, the one I shot last weekend's patches on his back legs were already puffed up, but he wasnt stinking yet.

·
Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Season starts late November, how long does it last and when's the rut? Our season runs sept 10-dec 10, and opens 2 weeks earlier for archery. Rut is mid to late October until early/mid November. Mind you, the one I shot last weekend's patches on his back legs were already puffed up, but he wasnt stinking yet.
rut is usually early to mid december. sometimes we get a secondary rut in early to mid january. sometimes it depends on the weather but i was always told its usually daylight triggered, ie when the length of days get to be a certain time.

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
Curious... you guys in federal background check states, is the shutdown affecting the background check wait times for over the counter gun purchases? I wonder how "essential" they've determined that function of government to be.

·
Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've heard NICS is still working. Though I haven't used it in 10 years since Texas exempts CCL holders

·
Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update on this 4 month old thread....

the can i thought was going to be ready in October was actually approved December 2nd and i was just able to pick it up from the dealer on Friday. I spent all weekend making sausage and i didnt have time to shoot it, so itll have to wait till this coming weekend.

The second can i thought would be ready in December is looking more like April now. But im good since i got one here in February. Its been since last May since i was able to pick up any new NFA toys. :)

The 1903 i picked up in October has sat in the safe and not been fired by me yet. but that will also change this weekend. i have 40 round of 30-06 Remington Core-lokt but i was wondering what people are shooting in their 1903s? Any suggestions?

·
Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The 1903 i picked up in October has sat in the safe and not been fired by me yet. but that will also change this weekend. i have 40 round of 30-06 Remington Core-lokt but i was wondering what people are shooting in their 1903s? Any suggestions?
No input on this? Commercial ammo? Mil surplus 30-06?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts