·
Premium Member
168 Posts
It's deep!

Attachments

·
Team 261 - VP
4,869 Posts
The good news...is the warm weather. The faucet was turned off, and we immediately got good warm weather (I think Spring was last week on Monday).

I don't mean this as Debbie Downer...we have had snow on Memorial Day weekend, but it sure appears like that isn't going to happen, and the warm weather will continue and it will be gone.

That being said....Squaw Valley is staying open until July 17. :eek:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Went up Friday the 24th. Made it to Ellis Creek bridge and turned around and camped at the bottom of the bowl. Bridge still had 4-5 feet of snow in the middle.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Anyone make it across the Ellis Creek Bridge? I know the snow was very narrow a couple weeks ago. If you made it across how far did you make it up the trail, Walker, Sluice, Buck?

·
Master Tinkerer
1,319 Posts
WOW! snow is still DEEP ! ( means cold beer! ) going to be a mess for awhile as it thaws! water and mud holes will be deep and long.........

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Has anyone gone in from the Tahoe side? We’ll be camping in Tahoma next week and may want to take family members on quick runs on “the rubicon.”

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Has anyone gone in from the Tahoe side? We’ll be camping in Tahoma next week and may want to take family members on quick runs on “the rubicon.”
SJscouter on here went in a week ago and it looked deep. Didn't look like he got to the lake and was pulling in his jk on 40's.
Goes by 1tontractor on ig

·
Registered
800 Posts
Was there with 6 other rigs this weekend. Loon Lake side, Camped at Ellis Creek. We pushed on through some pretty tough snow drifts from Ellis creek to Buck island but made it fine. We cleared the trail pretty good and its melting fast. Didn't go any further than Buck so have no idea what the rest of the trail looks like. Lots of water on the trail. With the warm weather I think most of the snow on the trail should be melted off by the weekend or close to it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did a day trip today from loon to spider lake and back out, the trail was great. Looks like things are in full swing as there was a pretty steady flow of traffic along the trail.

·
Registered
1989 Jeep Cherokee
2,018 Posts
Did a day trip today from loon to spider lake and back out, the trail was great. Looks like things are in full swing as there was a pretty steady flow of traffic along the trail.
Lots of snow? I'm planning on going with friends this weekend. 33s with a 4.5" lift on a Cherokee and a rear locker.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Lots of snow? I'm planning on going with friends this weekend. 33s with a 4.5" lift on a Cherokee and a rear locker.
There is still a good amount of snow on the Tahoe side. Miller lake still had ice on it Saturday. Lots of deep snow holes to climb out of. 3 wheel drive will make it challenging. Winch recommended .

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
I ran in to Richardson Lake last Friday. Still good drifts and mostly snow at that point. I saw on FB that a group of jk’s did make it all of the way through on Sunday. They reported 12 hrs to get from the bridge at buck to Tahoma

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
A buddies daughter got bit by a rattler at Buck this last weekend. He made it from buck back to Loon in an hour....

21 - 40 of 62 Posts