Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure how long it will hold up, but I am stoked on how it came out. I see plenty of rigs running them now so I figure its gotta be somewhat durable....

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've had my truck vinyl wrapped for about 9 years and it's held up real good. Aside from it shrinking and pulling away from the body lines I have not been able to tear it.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@dirtRidinZ71 that is really good to hear. I wrapped with quite a lot of overlap as I have heard about the shrinkage. I was more concerned about abrasion resistance etc but the stuff seemed fairly tough while I was applying it.

I got 5x35 foot roll. Cost me about $600.

Watch the video for how I did it and how hard it was.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
@dirtRidinZ71 that is really good to hear. I wrapped with quite a lot of overlap as I have heard about the shrinkage. I was more concerned about abrasion resistance etc but the stuff seemed fairly tough while I was applying it.

I got 5x35 foot roll. Cost me about $600.

Watch the video for how I did it and how hard it was.
Thanks. Glad it turned out real good bud. Did you have any wrap left over or did you use the whole roll?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a bit left enough to do the roof, which I haven't done yet. I am thinking about just painting the roof as it will take a lot of abuse up there and no one will ever see it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
My wrap I had held up real good. But like every other coating/cover/paint doesn't really hold up to the rocks.....hahhhahahhahahha

Never had a problem with mine...

We did deicide to paint it this time around...
I'm surprised you had rock issues. It's pretty malleable, so it doesn't really chip like paint.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm surprised you had rock issues. It's pretty malleable, so it doesn't really chip like paint.

Lol, don't think he is talking about chips on the freeway. Ha ha. Johnson valley has a way of removing paint, wraps, and anything else it wants.. :laughing:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts