Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
an old guy pulling out of the parking lot with a full height gun safe laying on it's back on a pallet in the bed of a beat to shit Ford Ranger... not so much as a bungee cord holding it down.

I assumed he had just bought it from Academy but I was wrong because when it slid out of the back of the truck onto the East bound lanes of Loop 336 he immediately jumped out into traffic, started fiddling with the combination and then once he opened the door he started pulling rifle after rifle out and stacking them on the concrete median to get it light enough that he and his younger passenger could stand it up and try to get it back into the truck. :laughing:

In the 2 minutes that it took me to try get my hand in my pocket to grab my phone for pictures 2 police officers rolled up and started directing traffic while telling this guy to get the guns into his truck.

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Texas. :laughing:

·
Registered
16,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
3 boxes a day ? NICE
Yeah from what I can tell Academy is limiting people to 3 boxes per day and only 1 box per caliber so they can't be 3 of the same. It's hit or miss, some days they're stocked full and other days they only have certain stuff left. I've got 2 buddies who are doing the same thing so we're buying for each other every day since we can't buy multiples of what we need. I've been hitting the every day for a couple weeks now, haven't walked out empty handed yet. :D

·
Registered
16,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i see that's why i keep seeing boxes of 12ga #8 for 4.99 when searching for ammo
They aren't doing this with shotgun shells or unpopular rifle ammo. You can pick up tons of 30-06, 270 or 222 straight off the shelf as much as you can carry. They've moved all the handgun ammo to the customer service counter and there are signs saying what the limits are on what is behind that counter. There are shelves full of 12 and 20 gauge shells ready for the picking in my local store.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Some asshole here in Northern MI has been gobbling up all of the ammo here locally and selling it on GB....whats worse is that he posts here on the OSR as well :mr-t:

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
One store, One time. The next guy in line was looking to do the same thing.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Some asshole here in Northern MI has been gobbling up all of the ammo here locally and selling it on GB....whats worse is that he posts here on the OSR as well :mr-t:
What? Who would do that?

·
Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
i see that's why i keep seeing boxes of 12ga #8 for 4.99 when searching for ammo
shotgun has been everywhere it seems, but just like back before dove season, #6 in both 20 and 12 was tough as shit to get.

that pisses me off more than anything. i hunt with #6 and shoot clays with 7, 7.5, 8, and 9.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
I am trying like hell to get a cheap 100 pack of 12 for skeet this weekend. No go so far.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts