Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G1 kit, as close to new as could be, matching ser# Coonan. Barrel is cut and a Steyr muzzle devise is pinned.
Needs a polly stock though.
At some point I'm going to chop it to 12" and shorten the gas system.

·
Premium Member
17,878 Posts
If you want, I have a new (or like new?) Penguin I can throw into the next box for you..

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Very nice sir!

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Ok I've been giving this some thought and have some questions. Did you order the coonan with a serial number to match the rest? As for coonan goes what's the differance between the type III, type 1C and type G1? Is it just the ability to customize? I'm pretty new to the FAL world but trying to learn. Reason being I've looked at some parts kits and was thinking of building one up.

·
Registered
26,689 Posts
It just comes down to minor milling differences that are mostly cosmetic, though some do reduce weight a bit. You can build any standard metric kit on any of their receivers.

EDIT: inch and argie receivers aside.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
10,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I ordered the receiver with the matching ser#. When I did, this gun was going to another home. If I'd have known it was going to stay here I'd have ordered it without the carry handle cut.

Buy your kit first and then buy your receiver. Look on GB before ordering if you don't want to wait.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Awesome thanks again. I created a user name and password on FALfiles but they never sent me my startup email so I'm stuck bugging you guys. :flipoff2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts