Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Therefore, I don't have the cash to buy the F-800 I was looking at.
I have however found an old farmer that has an F-600 that I can afford, but it needs motor work.
This is just to clarify the why behind the next few posts.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Therefore, I don't have the cash to buy the F-800 I was looking at.
I have however found an old farmer that has an F-600 that I can afford, but it needs motor work.
This is just to clarify the why behind the next few posts.

So what's the price on the F600??

·
Registered
30,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So what's the price on the F600??
It's a package deal. He's selling me the truck and 3 trailers for 5 grand.
There's the F-600, a Take 3 wedge, an all aluminum 48' flatbed, and an all steel 48' flatbed.
The wedge is worth about 5 grand on ebay, The aluminum flat is worth more than that, probably about 7 grand, and the steelie is probably worth about 2500.
Most of the tires have dry rotted, and the two flatbeds have vacumn over hydraulic brakes, so I'll have to convert them.
He's also got a U-haul box full of 235-85-16's that I can dig through all I want for spares.
The truck was hauling freight up until a year ago. He drove it this spring. Says it runs great, just burns a gallon of oil every 1,000 miles.
He had a driver in the truck pulling the aluminum flatbed up until a year ago, then the driver had a heart attack, and retired.
The way the deal is done, is that I give him a grand up front, and I bring the truck home, get it all cleaned up, and do all the minor stuff, then when it's about ready to haul freight, I'll sell the dodge to pay off the trailers, and fix the motor.
He's got a rolled IH 4900 w/ a very low mileage DT-466E in it that he'll sell me for 5,000 and it'll bolt right in, or I can find my own engine, or have the 6.6 overhauled. The in-frame on the 6.6 would be about 3,500 but the 6.6 isn't a great engine to begin with. I'm hunting for an 8.3 or an L-10 Cummins. I've got a small cam 350 cummins, but it's way too big to fit under the hood of the ford.

·
Registered
785 Posts
you have a frieght company and you cant afford a 5k truck? man, that sucks, repairs on new trucks often cost more that that!

know of a cheap f600 with tilt cab with a 6.6 and an auto, hydraulic brakes, but does not have a hitch on it, just a shitty bed that needs to be ripped off. also know of a f800 thats setup to pull trailers for sale at a resonable price.

·
Registered
30,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, Alot of things happened at once. My wife quit her job to work for the business, and I took a week and a half off to teach her as much as I can, Then two major breakdowns, to the tune of three weeks, and a few grand, and all of this right after putting on two owner operators, that cost a couple grand, Then one of them quitting within a week,(went back to his old job, with a huge raise and promotion, I would've done it in his position) Basically, I was down for over a month, not generating revenue.
Add to this that I have $17,000 out in recievables, almost $6,000 of it past due, and you can see where large chunks of liquid cash is a difficulty at the moment.
I would be interested to hear some details on the F-800.

·
Registered
785 Posts
dont have to much info on the f800.
the f600, which i looked at today is acually a f700 on low pro's thats long enough to have a sleeper installed when the bed is ripped off and the end of the frame lopped off. you could probably pick up that truck for $2k

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I am looking for an 8.3 6ct cummins engine as well. For a C60 I own.

JP

·
Registered
30,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dont have to much info on the f800.
the f600, which i looked at today is acually a f700 on low pro's thats long enough to have a sleeper installed when the bed is ripped off and the end of the frame lopped off. you could probably pick up that truck for $2k
Do me a favor, and find out what you can about that F-800, if it's not too much trouble.

I am looking for an 8.3 6ct cummins engine as well. For a C60 I own.

JP
There was a builder on ebay for $300, but it disappeared pretty quick. I'll keep my eyes open for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts