Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well i finaly got around to getting my body lift removed i hated since the day i bought the truck n now with 37'sits too tall anyways took out the spacers from the cab and moved onto the bed but theres really not mount for the bed does it just sit metal on metal or should there be something between the mount and the bed itself? thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Im probibly wrong but I think it was just a 3/16-1/4" piece of somethin'......not quite a body mount....looked kinda like a piece of tire almost....maybe:confused:

·
Registered
860 Posts
xextr3m3 said:
Im probibly wrong but I think it was just a 3/16-1/4" piece of somethin'......not quite a body mount....looked kinda like a piece of tire almost....maybe:confused:
i believe so too, not quite sure what it might of been but i believe there was something there. the only point was probably to be somekind of cusion so the metal doesnt rattle or anything. thats what i think

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Yeah, they are like little chunks of tire.. about a 1/4" thick, I just took mine off about a month ago, I'd take a pic and get an example of a leftover one I had (they're usually stuck to the bed, and I had a bunch) but they're in my toolbox... in my truck... which is currently in the hands of a few thieves somewhere... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
342 Posts
DX2Dave said:
but they're in my toolbox... in my truck... which is currently in the hands of a few thieves somewhere... :rolleyes:

damn.... that sucks man... people who steal are:rainbow:...

and yes... there should be little rubber spacers 1/4" or so on the bed to prevent squeaks and rattles

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool deal

yup thats was my guess also They where all there so i just reused them work out good way better with out body lift need a little fender trimming but its great. Thanks

Cody

j.r.4.b

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
i think that u might be alright if you just cut out some little squares out of an old mud flap and drilled a hole in them, and threw them in there between the metal. that should be enough cusion to stop squiks and rattles. maybe????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts