Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
nice roach.
5,739 Posts
Art carr shifters seem to be the deal from what I have seen so far as ease of shifting form forward to reverse quickly......

Art carr

·
Registered
17,628 Posts
I went with a B&M ratchet shifter, and I don't like it too much. I had to add a bike peg to make it so I could reach the shifter. I will eventually put in a TJ center console, and shifter to make it look better. If I had it to do over again, Id probably go with a winters or art carr. They are pretty much identical.. Here is a pic of my shifter.

Scott

·
Registered
99 Posts
Anybody found a shifter that will work with the AW4? I am building a custom console in my XJ and want my shifter where I can reach it easier. I am sure some of the "universal" cable shifters would work but am too cheap to lay out the cash if it doesn't.

·
thhhpptthh!
46,718 Posts
I used the stock shifter out of my ZJ donor. works great.

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
1564 posts and you STILL have not learned to use the SEARCH function?!?!?!:eek: The question you just posted is probably the most asked question on this board. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
B&M Pro-Stick is what im using (see pic"not my rig, but close"). Other wise Art Carr Shifters are bad ass but $$$. Dont get the cheesy B&M T--handle shifters, the kind you pull up on and put in gear, suck ass IMHO!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
ART CARR is the ONLY way to go.....I just got another here the other day.....$289.00......but you will never need another and when you got rev. pattern valve body 1'st & rev. is just a bump away.....:D :D

·
Registered
11,076 Posts
I like lokar stuff first...then art carr. If you have the room and can build a high enough base for the Carr shifter they are alright. For a clean simple good looking and well working system the lokar stuff is really hard to beat.

·
Registered
857 Posts
i am still runnung the stock TJ shifter...........i like the fact that whatever gear i am in all i have to do is slam it and it stops in neutral (click button on side to go to rev>park

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
redruM said:
i am still runnung the stock TJ shifter...........i like the fact that whatever gear i am in all i have to do is slam it and it stops in neutral (click button on side to go to rev>park

the lokars do the same thing. it is nice when the nose starts getting too light because you can just slap it up in to neutral and roll back out of it. i am really happy with my lokar

·
Registered
8,868 Posts
ART CARR. I have one in my rig. I just shaved out the neutral gate, anbd now I can slam it from reverse to drive, and hammer away. Can't go wrong. SPend the momney and get one of those.

Dimitri

·
Registered
17,628 Posts
redruM said:
Im thinking of retro fitting a TJ center console into my yj, and using a TJ shifter for my auto. I like my shifter, but that reverse lockout is a PITA. I'd rather just push a button on the side of the shifter.
Scott

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
XtremeEngineering said:
Thats Skinnys rig right???

Art Car if you have the $$ or TCI.
Yep, thats Skinny's, I bought the Single Seater Buggy from Shannon, but he may have taken his Art Carr shifter out of it because he had a manual valve body with reverse pattern in that tranny, mines manual with forward, so I bought the "Pro-Stick" Bringing it home first of May:cool:

·
Registered
877 Posts
Are we talking about the same single seat. I am thinking of the Northstar ifs buggy that Palmer is running this year. You are a lucky guy. Any thing they build is A+.

Post pics when you get it.

Thanks,

Nick

1 - 20 of 23 Posts