Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just interested in seeing who and how many people are entering. If you haven't entered yet, the deadline is just around the corner. I sent my application in last week.

So lets have it, who's name is in the hat and what will you be driving?

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
I sent in my application a couple weeks ago...although I haven't received any confirmation that they received it...probably should follow up on that...

I'll hopefully be trying out the IFS'ed rock racer...

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I sent in my app a couple weeks back, havent heard back yet... Ill be driving some tried and true old beater buggy most likely... still not sure which one though.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sent in my application a couple weeks ago...although I haven't received any confirmation that they received it...probably should follow up on that...

I'll hopefully be trying out the IFS'ed rock racer...
I've been watching your build. I'm hoping you get it done so I can see how it works... Keep up the good work.

I turned down a guaranteed spot.:(
Do you mind elaborating why? I don't mean to be nosy, I know how life can be...

·
Premium Member
7,110 Posts
I have been in college for 6 years, earning a degree for welding and a degree for machining. July 20th is my graduation date. I am going to apply at Boeing, to build airplanes. The KOH race is in Feburary, about 7 months after I start a new job. I doubt that an employer would give me a week off, being so new. I also watched KOH '08 from the helicopter, and it was nuts! Both the chopper ride and the guys racing. Also $$$$, I added up what this one race would cost me ($40g?), my pockets are not that deep. And no one is going to beat Shannon!

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Mine's filled out and in the envelope, goes out in the morning. I'm very happy to already have an invite, best of luck to all of you who hope to get in. Everyone on our crew had a fantastic time last year. Like most everyone else, we're making some improvements and we'll hope to run a fast clean race and not break something that can't be fixed quickly. It appears that the competition will be fierce.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Did you want him to say you are going to beat him next year :shaking:

PPL can say waht they want ;)
Thats brilliant, except for the spelling!:laughing:

Now read it again without your preconceived notions.

In case that doesn't work for you I will spell it out for you; The statement that no one can beat Mr. Cambell bothers me, so I am in!

:shaking:

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
Thats brilliant, except for the spelling!:laughing:

Now read it again without your preconceived notions.

In case that doesn't work for you I will spell it out for you; The statement that no one can beat Mr. Cambell bothers me, so I am in!

:shaking:
I try my best to have an error here or there to make you spelling nazis go ape shit :laughing:

Not to sure what you are referring to about preconceived notions... but I`ll say it again and this time try to spell it right so you don't pop a blood vessel over there :flipoff2:

People can think what they want :flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
I try my best to have an error here or there to make you spelling nazis go ape shit :laughing:

Not to sure what you are referring to about preconceived notions... but I`ll say it again and this time try to spell it right so you don't pop a blood vessel over there :flipoff2:

People can think what they want :flipoff2:
I believe you said they can, "Say waht they want"!:flipoff2: And you still missed the point! Ergo, "preconcieved notion" whatever it may be.

Type on hero!

Easy.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
In! Thanks for the chance... :flipoff2:

...as far as the rig, something totally new and completely BAD ASS. :smokin:

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I am sending mine in this weekend. I have no business what-so-ever even trying, but I dont care. The money thing (diesel fuel) sux, but it doesnt matter to me or the team. Being from the est cost sux! All it takes is Shannon to make one small mistake and its anyones race,,,,,Hell its anyones race as it is!!

Good luck to all who apply. Maybe we will get the honor of running against you guys in Feb.

Rob

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
The application has been sitting on my desk for at least a month now. I do plan on sending it in though. I'll be driving my old Willys CJ-2a that was originally built in 2001. Its been rebuilt 7 times since then, and of course an 8th rebuild will be necessary to get it ready for KOH.

·
Premium Member
2,832 Posts
I plan on applying and have my form all filled out, just want to get a few things in line since I know this is a tough race to get into. I'll be bringing my home built buggy that I've run for about a year now. Lots of work/changes will be in store if I get accepted. Saving for fuel to get out there and back might just be the biggest expense :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 109 Posts