Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You constantly see posts about SOA this SOA That, I used this spring, I used that spring.... I was curious as to what the benefits and downfalls are to different springs that people use for SOA. Just another step in my research on taking my CJ5 SOA....

So, I've heard of people using, CJ, YJ, Commando, Waggy, and variuos lift springs as well. Most Commonly YJ and Waggy it seems. People say that CJ Springs are a little narrow for SOA, but then again I know people how have done it..WhatI've found is:

CJ: Pro, I already have them. Con: Narrow, may not be as stable.
YJ, Pro, little modfication, flat spring for good negative flex, 1/2" wider than CJ Con: Have to find some, but not that difficult to do...
Commando Pro, long leaf style ( like holbrook springs) Same width as CJ. Con. Smae width as CJ. Finding any. Finding any that aren't wore out.
Waggy: I've heard they are good for this... Don't know why....

Other:...... Fill in the blank....

What have you all found out....

·
Registered
7,312 Posts
Rubicon Express makes SOA springs which are 1.5 over stock springs, and have reverse wound eyes to reduce sagging/axle wrap. Reasonably priced too. I got some for my YJ last year. on 33"s my rocker panels are 29" off the deck, and i have at least 30" REAL travel! nice ride too!

·
Registered
492 Posts
ukjeeper said:
Rubicon Express makes SOA springs which are 1.5 over stock springs, and have reverse wound eyes to reduce sagging/axle wrap. Reasonably priced too. I got some for my YJ last year. on 33"s my rocker panels are 29" off the deck, and i have at least 30" REAL travel! nice ride too!

how much are those each?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts