Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did a shackle reversal and am going to be sitting SOA on a dana44 and ford 9" with stock shackles. Do i need to do a 1" body lift to clear the tires while felxing? I will be doing flat fenders in the front as well

also does anyone have measurments from the stock location of the spring hangers....center to center mounts on the frame?

·
Registered
220 Posts
You will probably do a little fender trimming even with a body lift. With a shackle reverse, your front axle will move back as it goes up. So I don't know if the flat fender will help a whole lot there, but I guess they're cool.

I have a YJ with 2" body, 37" MTRs, shackle reverse, 1 1/2" shackles in the rear on fairly flat springs and have trimmed. On full width axles I can still rub a little if I push it.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I am running 1.5" RE SOA springs on the front 4 link rear on my CJ7 with 37" Krawlers and full width. I do not run front finders only a hood and grill. In the back I have a custom flat bed and I do not rub.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I run the same RE YJ SOA springs on my CJ-5 with a shackle reversal and it flexes fine with no rubbing. I have pushed the rear axle back a few inches and trimmed out the fender a little but I only have 35"s and could easily go bigger.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
We just had my neighbors rig out a couple weeks ago at TDS, he's running the same springs, 37"s and reverse shackle on his CJ-7 with 6" shackles and a 1" body lift. We put the tires into the stock fenders 5 or 6 times (stuffed it pretty good on some of the red trail sections), wouldn't take much trimming to solve it though.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I'm running the exact setup that you're doing, but I don't have the shackle reversal. My fenders are now cut, but when they weren't my 37" MTR's definitely rubbed. In the front my flat fenders didn't help much because the tires hit the back of the fender, not the top. If you can I would move the axle forward a couple of inches.
I can send you pics before and after the fender cutting if you want.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so to mention i made my own kit like the one btf sells. So i moved the front a good 2-3in forward. Its just like there narrow kit. I did this just for the reason when the tire moves back it won't hit the back of the fenders near the firewall.

Yes if anyone has pics i'd love to see them! Either post em here if your able to or send them to [email protected]

thanks everyone!
Kirk

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Plato2k5 said:
so to mention i made my own kit like the one btf sells. So i moved the front a good 2-3in forward. Its just like there narrow kit. I did this just for the reason when the tire moves back it won't hit the back of the fenders near the firewall.

Yes if anyone has pics i'd love to see them! Either post em here if your able to or send them to [email protected]

thanks everyone!
Kirk
And I didn't mention that my neighbors rig is also running the BTF Fullwidth Kit. Pretty sure your gonna have to do some trimming on the back of the fender.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh yea on the back i do plan on it. I was going to use XJ leafs out back but i didn't wan't to stretch the rear like that. Lets see some pics :)

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I did a shackle reversal with custom mounts and moved my front axel forward about 4". In the back I did a 4 link and moved it back about 6" now my WB is about 106". I do not run front finders and I have a flatbed on the back with my propane tanks enclosed under the bed. I run 37" krawlers and do not rub in the front but I do hit my tub on my flat bed at the same time my shock is all the way compressed.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Here's my junk. 1 or 2" alcans, SOA, 3/8" shackles, 2" body lift, cut for the TJ flares, wheelbase pushed an inch each way, and 37's fullwidth. Only rubbing is on the front of the sliders when flexed and the wheels are turned all the way, changing them out when I get time. I could probably loose 1" of body lift, have to see how much work thats going to entail as far as massaging the floorboards around the drivetrain. flat and flexed shots to compare.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
CJ7, 44044's, SOA, 60" width, 37 MTR's, they don't hit untrimmed fenders front or rear.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
kwrangln : nice jeep ya got there ! i'm just finishing up the welding and started to grind the frame and paint it with chasis saver.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts