Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've already done a soa on my last jeep. The difference being with raised springs. I think that this time I will use stock springs with a 2" body lift and raised t case. No I am not looking for pics. Just some input from anyone else that has done this conversion. Not to worry, the shackle revversal and traction bar will be a must .

Shaun

·
Registered
56 Posts
The stock springs will be fine for a little while but after a few trips of some hard wheeling they will start to sag and loose what little bit of arch that they had. Plus with the stock springs you will have some issues with you drag link hitting and binding on the springs unless you have high steer or a drag link that has been bent into a Z shape. I ran my 94 YJ that way for about 6 months after my SOA conversion but started having a lot of problems with the springs sagging and wrapping up after a few trips of hard wheeling. I am now running the RE 1.5" SOA springs and they work awsome and with these springs there really is no need for a body lift with 35's or smaller.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts