Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
I was really nice to be able to ride yesterday while it was warm and roads were just about empty.

I think the whole ride I only came up on 3-4 other vehicles that I had to wait to move over so I could get by them.

Not bad at all for a 5 hour ride!

Ariel???

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Control... nobody seems to notice only recreation has been banned, but everyone can go to work lol..

No we cant. Most private businesses are closed as well. Government and Essential only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Been working around the house. We had a lot of maple blow down this winter. A few nice ones I am going to mill. Might have to rent an excavator to get one out. I may be able to do it without one but we will see. Using a lot of down pecker poles to build a expansion on the garden. Milled up some small hemlock for the lower planks. No concrete, just keying posts and setting them as deep as I can. Still need to build the door and shit but the elk will probably leave it alone now.

Now I am going to mill a lot of planks from the rest of that small hemlock for siding and lumber for the next project. Kids play/swing set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Yesterday the ran finally quit, the sun came out, and it warmed up to 70 degrees!

I washed the garden tractor, got the mowing deck all cleaned up and reinstalled, washed both vehicles, and did spring cleaning in the bigger garage. Then after dinner me and the oldest kid took a ride on the SXS exploring dirt roads, and looking for flooded out roads from the day prior. Found one that was flooded over about 2' deep and extended for maybe 25 yards.

There were a ton of people out hiking the game lands, and just families driving back roads. Good to see people getting out. This might be a positive.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
It is an Exocet.

edit...
Are you a Millennial or city slicker or snowflake from the prk???
None of the above.

I am almost 50, I live in the mountains, I get protecting livestock.

The term he used "target practice" just had a shitty sound / attitude to it to me.

Seemed like he was bragging about how he just kills animals for fun and that I think is not right.

For the record, I hate feral cats. Groundhogs I think are adorable and we have them all over in my area but if they are a risk to the cattle, well I think cattle are more important.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
The term he used "target practice" just had a shitty sound / attitude to it to me.

Seemed like he was bragging about how he just kills animals for fun and that I think is not right.

For the record, I hate feral cats. Groundhogs I think are adorable and we have them all over in my area but if they are a risk to the cattle, well I think cattle are more important.
I honestly didn't think about the target practice phrase at all, but I can see how it could be misconstrued.

To be fair, groundhogs are some "cute" animals that look like they'd be fun to pet and watch all day. My last encounter with a rabid groundhog changed my perspective greatly on these over populated rodents. I hate that Pennsylvania has become a festering state of rabies, but last year there were 300 reported cases. Two years ago I was chased up my driveway by a rabid groundhog. About three months ago I had a sick coon sitting near my property on the road. Cute little fellar...felt slightly bad plugging him with two rounds from a 12 gauge.

The game commission says they issue ORV's statewide. I call B.S. on it, because we have an abundance of sick/rabid animals every year. Do you know what they tell us? "Shoot it and bag it. Keep it in your refrigerator until we can come out and get it." Uh...no.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
...but if they are a risk to the cattle, well I think cattle are more important.
Any running livestock is at risk. Add horses to the equation.

Re on cats:
The cats around farms are barn cats? They do their job catching mice & rats, some cats are tough mofos... The feral ones in my area hang out behind shopping centers & get sheltered/fed/watered daily by some schnook-

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
I thought groundhogs were cute too. Until they dug under my foundation and ate the camera wires in the crawlspace.:mad3:

Pew pew bitches.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Any running livestock is at risk. Add horses to the equation.

Re on cats:
The cats around farms are barn cats? They do their job catching mice & rats, some cats are tough mofos... The feral ones in my area hang out behind shopping centers & get sheltered/fed/watered daily by some schnook-
We don't have shopping centers and whatever else you have. I consider any feral cat one without a collar. Farmer said shoot every one you see. The man is nice enough to let me hunt his land, so I'll oblige.

I do have some farmers that ask me not to shoot their cats. So I don't. Majority of those farmers don't have any cows, or any livestock at all, and just hay/corn.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
distanced myself from something. closed the distance from my sons. they came out and had some fun yesterday with me and my new(to me) buggy.

Attachments

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,538 Posts
Good stuff Frank!

I assume it is FWD? Does it have gears? I'm sure PBB could whip up a design to make it AWD with derailleurs and give you a climbing gear plus range. :D
It has a 7 spd hub. At current I’m only strong enough for 1st gear. The only mods I’m thinking of are a smaller crank sprocket and or new tires as it shakes and shimmy’s. Every hand cycle I have ridden does it and I can’t tell if it’s geometry or tires.

·
Registered
15,271 Posts
We kill whistle pigs in the spring. They are a nuisance animal, and quite destructive. We kill them by the hundreds and leave them lay because it is fun.
On a good day, I can use up a brick of .22 ammo and never leave the same sitting spot. Piss off with your holier than thou attitude.
With your brick of .22 I hope you are using non lead bullets. Maybe not :) If so the carcasses you leave lying around have lead in them and that is how the Eagles and Hawks end up dying an agonizing death. Not saying you have Eagles there or such but ..... If you are using non lead ammo then Bravo. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
66,773 Posts
With your brick of .22 I hope you are using non lead bullets. Maybe not :) If so the carcasses you leave lying around have lead in them and that is how the Eagles and Hawks end up dying an agonizing death. Not saying you have Eagles there or such but ..... If you are using non lead ammo then Bravo. Just something to think about.

The fuck outta here with that noise. 2 kills, one shot.

:flipoff2:

61 - 80 of 193 Posts