Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever put soft/canvas doors on a 60? I think it would not only look really neat :D , but it would lighten the ride up a bit. Anyone even ever had this idea? Know anyone/anywhere that could do this? I thought I remember seeing some soft doors somewhere for old 4runners....? I will be doing this, but I just gotta figure it all out. Any pics of something of this sort would be great. I may have a couple places that could do it, but I need to do some designing to figure out exactly what I will want and such...

As always, any ideas and comments are welcome!!!

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
A word of caution: if you plan on doing a lot of wheeling, you might want to skip on the soft doors or at least take into account that the body on an FJ60 flexes a LOT, and that without doors to give it rigidity it *will* tweak. If you're going to run *hust* soft doors, you probably won't have a problem, but if you go back to the stock doors it's going to be a BITCH to realign them... don't ask me how I know! :)

·
Registered
916 Posts
thought about doing something like that myself but had in mind using 1.5 inch roll bar tubing to and put a semi stock latch on it to keep some of the strength equalized through the body but I was going to skin it with 12 gauge sheet metal

1 - 3 of 3 Posts