Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an earlier style kayline top with the old twist style handles. They suck. It seems i'm the only one who can get them open that I know. If I make them loose so they open easy, they open on their own. And unless I wrap the strikers in tape, they squeak like mad. And has anyone else ever impaled themselves on the strikers on these things? I think i've ruined at least 3-4 pairs of pants on them. Yesterday I was looking at specters websight and they show paddle style replacement handles and strikers. Anyone know if these will swap over?

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
You will need to build a bracket for the paddle type latches, and it is easiest to weld them in but this is work trying to save the door material from melting. You may get by dousing some rags in water or using a small piece of welding blanket stuffed in the frame work of the 1/2 door and keep the welds sort of small.

I just ground the corners round on my old style lever ones and dipped them in that tool handle stuff you can get at hardware stores. Like a plastic dip. Couple coats on the metal and they were good to go.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I feel your pain. Had mine on for one week now, one belt loop lost so far.
I can open and close it pretty well now, but I need to open and close the passenger door for everyone who rides with me, which is cool with my wife but with guys it looks a little :rainbow:
I'll be watching this thread for some better ideas. I haven't come up with any yet.

troy

·
Registered
363 Posts
If you decide to scrap the old handles, let me know. I broke off my passenger side handle squeezing past a tree the last time I was up on Fordyce. I'd like to replace the alternater bracket I bolted on as a replacement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts