Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so i got an 82 yota shortbed bobbed 17" and i plan on chopping my top and the walls between my cab and bed to make a walk through. now i'm going to do this once its done raining but when next year rolls around i wanna be ready. so i was wondering if any of you guys have done anything like this before. i was thinking maybe a blazer soft top and then having my friends mom trim it and sew it to my specifications, but thats could end upo being a lot of work. i'm going to get a bikini top to run during the summer but i want something for next winter. any ideas??

and incase you think this belongs in general 4x4 or chit chat i put it here because its for a toyota and cuz i fawkin wanted to!! :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Hey, any pics of your 17" bob job?

I just shortened my 82 shortbed 17" the other night too.
At first I thought it would be too much, but it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I did the bikini top based on the wrangler bikini. Its pretty easy, and it cost me about $65 new, IIRC. It fits, it works, it looks uh OK. It kinda flaps at highway speed, but then soft-tops are like driving a tent.

I havent looked into it, but I would think there are boat shops and such that can do this sort of work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts