Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible just to rivet the strip to the windshield frame and it not interfere with the hardtop when it comes time to put it back on? the holes are getting stripped out and it'd rather just pop rivet it on and leave it than use nut rivets.

·
Registered
202 Posts
i couldnt find a way... i just took a strip of 3/16" steel and threaded it for some screws and riveted that on to the frame and have had no problems with sealing my hard top.

·
Registered
11,603 Posts
Quadratec and 4WD sell a rivet nut kit to fix this problem.

I dont think the hard top will fit with the channel attached.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's the nut rivets that I was referring to. I guess i'll pop rivet it for the summer, try the hardtop in the winter and if it doesn't work i'll nut rivet it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Is it possible just to rivet the strip to the windshield frame and it not interfere with the hardtop when it comes time to put it back on? the holes are getting stripped out and it'd rather just pop rivet it on and leave it than use nut rivets.
Yes.

I drilled out the threads and pop-riveted mine in. Make sure you use steel rivets though.

·
Registered
202 Posts
well if you plan on pop riveting the windsheild channel on and putting the hard top on in the winter then i hope you like drilling out rivets

·
Registered
13,990 Posts
And the one thing everyone forgets is water gets in the windshield frame causing serious rust fast from the inside.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts