Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
DKA Motorsports
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, i searched on soft tops for 4runners, and all the posts are really really old. What kind of wrangler bikini top will work the best for a 4runner? i want the back of the top to go over the roll cage. Also, has anybody designed a softtop besides Canback and Kayline?? just wondering if anybody has come up with anything. I might try just buying some Sunbrella canvas and making my own softop. any ideas/help??

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have a six year old Kayline that has held up good (6 months in summer only, and I baby it) But, if I had to do it over again, I would probably build my own as I feel my skills are at the point that I could design something around what I wanted. If you think you can't tackle it, just buy the Kayline or canback. Much less headache.

·
DKA Motorsports
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well

i dont have the cash to justify buying a 700 dollar soft top, when there's much cooler stuff i could buy for the yota for 700 bones, like gettin' the d44 in my front end, dual cases, etc etc. i think i might try to make my own, but has anybody drawn up any plans or anything, a write up on how to make a canback look a like top?? thanks!

·
DKA Motorsports
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
heh heh

i actually already have that page saved in my favorites list. thanks man. i'm gonna do the bikini top, but i'm still wondering if anybody has succesfully done a canback type soft top, and made it look good. i'll probably run the bikini top all summer, but it'd be nice to have a full soft top for when it rains and all. thanks again for the link though.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Perhaps a boat shop of some kind can make you one or supply you with everything you'd need. Just give them the measurements or let them take the tape to it. Just a thought.

·
DKA Motorsports
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks everybody

i really want to go with the sunbrella stuff, i dont wanna mess with vinyl like a kayline or specialty cover. I like that design that Lang has set up, i think i'll build me a frame like that and then go to a boat shop and see if they can make me something that will fit right on that. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
TK said:
You can buy just the canvas from canback for about $275 and then build your own frame.

Are you shure about this? I priced just the Sunbrella material itself and it was much more than that something like 400-500 $ if i remember correctly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts