Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you guys have soft tops on your FJ40's? What brand?

My guess is that everybody loves 'em cuz the never show up used anywhere..

Ever since my hard top blew off on hiway 6 in Nevada because I was too goddam dumb to bolt it down, I've been thinking about getting one.

Problem is, I'm not positive if it will fit. When I built the cage, it fit easily inside the hardtop. Are the softtops made equally as spacious?

-tom

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
i had an old tigertop...hated it. then, bought a used fastrac from someone, would've loved it, but it wouldn't fit over my cage. material looked great though. now i'm awaiting my top from eshan. keep your eyes peeled though, you find them eventually. someone in my club just sold his 2 month old besttop after spec top co used his cruiser to create an updated fastrac top.

p.s. he says so far, he's extremely impressed with the new spec top.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
the old kayline fast track is the best i think i dont know the name of the guys that make it know but do a seach here i seen it said a few times some place in CO. i think... "should" fit over your cag if you cleared a hard top, did you make some sort of family cage?

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I have a Bestop soft top and I love it. I am building a new Cage inside of it so fitment is not an issue, I could tell you by looking at your cage if it will fit or not. Post a pic or E-mail me a pic and I will host it for you.

Dan

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
kling-on said:
the old kayline fast track is the best i think i dont know the name of the guys that make it know but do a seach here i seen it said a few times some place in CO. i think... "should" fit over your cag if you cleared a hard top, did you make some sort of family cage?
specialty top co. has the kayline top now. aftermarket tops don't stand as tall as a hardtop and slope back sharper, that's why my cage (which fits just fine under my hardtop) won't fit. i had the same problem with my old bestop and my first cruiser.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
climbermike said:
I have a soft top on order from Ehsan, but now gotta sell it.:( . .... cause working on a trade for a 45 :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:
hehehehe....i already have a 45

·
Metal-tech'in
1,588 Posts
Specialty Top, here. Fits tight over my cage, but that is how I like it.

Hate the frigen door latches!
Love the tinted windows, and custom colors!
Well built but $$ over the Bestop.

Mark

·
Registered
37 Posts
ESHAN?

What is ESHAN? I saw a couple of guys mention it. I am going to be buying a soft top and doors, would like all resources. Any contact info would be great.:confused:

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts
Re: ESHAN?

hk2r said:
What is ESHAN? I saw a couple of guys mention it.
Not an "it", more like a "he":D He's a Pakastani fella who has an AMAZING fab shop over there full of low tech but extremely talanted workers. He has reproduced the factory soft top, a few guys here have bought them;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
contact & price

O.K. so this Eshan, how do I contact him and does anyone know his price off-hand for fj-40 soft top?

·
Registered
678 Posts
hk - you can buy mine if ya want :D . Should be here in March - coming into the west coast. This was part of the original ones ordered, so it's with the group discount etc. Not looking to make any money on it, you can have it for my cost.
:D

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
climbermike said:
hk - you can buy mine if ya want :D . Should be here in March - coming into the west coast. This was part of the original ones ordered, so it's with the group discount etc. Not looking to make any money on it, you can have it for my cost.
:D
Emailed you! :D

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
dieselcruiserhead said:
Kurt, don't you have a lead on a couple of soft tops for sale?
Three to be exact but none are OEM...:(

I want a soft top so that in the springtiem when I have the top off, I don't have to worry about late season storms... (like Moab)

I would prefer the OEM top but a customer is trading me a FJ40 hood for a complete top... how do you pass that up? :D

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cruiseroutfit,
You wanna part with one of you soft tops? Don't care if it's not OEM.
I'm guessing they take the factory hard doors, not soft / two piece doors? Or do you have those?
-tom

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have an old Kayline. the kind with those retarded doors, which are so bad I don't use them. regular hard doors kinda fit.

I got it really cheap, and the hardtop may never go back on. I discovered a 60cent fix for the tensioning problems in the top of it that drove me nuts for the first month. Now, it's great.

and uh...How did this business of having a hard top blow off on the highway not make it into the "dumbest thing you've done with a cruiser thread?"

I think that'd make the top ten....:flipoff2: heh heh

cheers,
ryan

1 - 20 of 26 Posts