Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are having a new metal roof installed in a week or 2 and I want to have the roofer install brackets for solar panels on the south facing part. It is not going to be standing seam.

So what brackets do I buy to make my solar install go easier in 6-12 months?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Are there any options for gluing brackets to a metal roof? I'd like to throw a few panels up but don't want to screw through what aint broke

·
thhhpptthh!
46,933 Posts
i saw on a tv show some new panels(thin like cardboard) that stick directly to metal roofs(i believe magnetic) in between the ridges with no hardware, ever come across them? i thought it was kinda neat but have no idea if theyre worth a shit or not
have not seen any magnetic modules.

Peel and stick thinfilm has been trying to break into the market for years but its not happening.

:laughing: win.

·
gumboot cloggeroo
1,884 Posts
What about unistrut? Screw down a few pieces, probably with washers (plastic or rubber maybe?) underneith.

Gives lots of options to finger out what you want to do later on.

·
thhhpptthh!
46,933 Posts
We're launching a new foot at a trade show next week that would work on a metal roof as well.

Its a lag down foot that you then fill the whole thing up with sealant.

Check www.Unirac.com next week. It should be up by then.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
We're launching a new foot at a trade show next week that would work on a metal roof as well.

Its a lag down foot that you then fill the whole thing up with sealant.

Check www.Unirac.com next week. It should be up by then.
How is that new?

That's how my setup is on my house and I put the panels up in 2012.

·
thhhpptthh!
46,933 Posts
How is that new?

That's how my setup is on my house and I put the panels up in 2012.
Its new because its a new product line that we're rolling out that we've never had before.

Unfortunately I cant take credit for it's design. We' purchased it from a 3rd party and just finished all the water certifications last week.

Whos racking did you use in 2012?

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Its new because its a new product line that we're rolling out that we've never had before.

Unfortunately I cant take credit for it's design. We' purchased it from a 3rd party and just finished all the water certifications last week.

Whos racking did you use in 2012?
Orion

·
thhhpptthh!
46,933 Posts
Cool. Been happy with it?

Havent heard of them in awhile and looks like they are now defunct? Maybe snap-n-rac picked em up?

They had one of the first universal end clamps on the market. Always a PIMA trying to design universal clamps.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Used to work in the Solar industry. Our company utilized S-5! products for metal roof installations.

https://www.s-5.com/

They have a few full systems for installation and then various clamps for almost any metal roof shape.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts