Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It is time to sell my 1973 FJ40 that has been built up as a trail rig. The body is pretty straight at the only rust is in the rear sill and a quarter inch hole where the factory fuel tank used to be. The rear quarters are comp cut and the front fenders have been cut as well. It has a Kayline soft top and BestTop 2-piece doors that do not leak. The engine is a Gen 1 Chevy 350 4 bolt main with Holly Pro-Jection and a thumper cam. Transmission is a SM420 mated to a 203 low range box to a Land Cruiser “3-spd” transfer case. Front axle is a built Toyota 8” with 5.29 gears, no-slip locker, 30-spline RCV axle shafts with 300m inners, 300m hub gears, and high steer. Rear axle is Toyota 9.5” semi-float with 5.29 gears and a LocRite locker. Current tires are 36” radial Iroks on “street lock” wheels. Front suspension is OME HD Hilux front springs and Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks. Rear suspension is Jeep Cherokee (XJ) leaf springs with Revolver shackles and Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks. All new wiring/fuse block, fuel cell with sending unit, VDO gauges (GPS Speedo), MetalTech Jackson cage tied to the frame, Warn winch, MetalTech nose guard, factory heater / defrost, Saganaw power steering, and a bunch more that I’m forgetting.

Everything works and it is very reliable, but it was set up as a trail rig, so it was built with function over form. This 40 does drive amazing on the street, but it is very low geared. It doesn’t wander or have any death wobble. However, if you are planning on doing much highway driving, you would want to put a taller gear ratio in the axles. Asking $8500 and full price offers comes with all my extra parts. Located in Oregon.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Price lowered to $8500 or best offer and it comes with all my extra parts including Montero folding rear seats, GM tilt steering column, and new OEM Toyota parts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is time to sell my 1973 FJ40 that has been built up as a trail rig. The body is pretty straight at the only rust is in the rear sill and a quarter inch hole where the factory fuel tank used to be. The rear quarters are comp cut and the front fenders have been cut as well. It has a Kayline soft top and BestTop 2-piece doors that do not leak. The engine is a Gen 1 Chevy 350 4 bolt main with Holly Pro-Jection and a thumper cam. Transmission is a SM420 mated to a 203 low range box to a Land Cruiser “3-spd” transfer case. Front axle is a built Toyota 8” with 5.29 gears, no-slip locker, 30-spline RCV axle shafts with 300m inners, 300m hub gears, and high steer. Rear axle is Toyota 9.5” semi-float with 5.29 gears and a LocRite locker. Current tires are 36” radial Iroks on “street lock” wheels. Front suspension is OME HD Hilux front springs and Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks. Rear suspension is Jeep Cherokee (XJ) leaf springs with Revolver shackles and Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks. All new wiring/fuse block, fuel cell with sending unit, VDO gauges (GPS Speedo), MetalTech Jackson cage tied to the frame, Warn winch, MetalTech nose guard, factory heater / defrost, Saganaw power steering, and a bunch more that I’m forgetting.

Everything works and it is very reliable, but it was set up as a trail rig, so it was built with function over form. This 40 does drive amazing on the street, but it is very low geared. It doesn’t wander or have any death wobble. However, if you are planning on doing much highway driving, you would want to put a taller gear ratio in the axles. Asking $8500 and full price offers comes with all my extra parts. Located in Oregon.

Still available? Where in Oregon?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts