Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

Registered
I would not grind those welds down smooth if I were you as it will only make it weaker even if you plan to brace between the hangers. Just my .02

Registered
Have you tested those welds yet?!

You should cut all or a lot of that stuff off and start over instead of modifying what you have already done.

Premium Member
Your welds are really cold. With not much heat or penetration, I definitely would NOT grid the welds. Jason79 is correct.

Registered
You are going to take videos when you drive this right?

Reactions: larryboy

Premium Member
Awsome build man. Keep it up and keep posting pictures!

Registered
5,000 lb. vehicle on 46s with a D44 should be interesting, better off to go straight to the 60 and avoid redoing steering arms & linkages, brackets, driveshaft mods, gears, etc. I'm preparing to do a SAS on my Suburban as well, but I'm just sticking with the 6" lift height I'm at. Just cut the fenders to make the room you need. Seems pretty tall, but I look forward to your updates.

Registered
I read through all of your posts and didn't see a answer to this, What do you plan to do with this truck on 46's and 10-15" lift when you are done?

Registered
Discussion Starter #54
Thanks man, I'm trying be best to do thing the right way but unfortunately the right way isn't always cheap or easy and money is a big problem for me rn, although of people are just saying it should just go to the junk yard now or this is some cheap shit but oh well I'm trying thanks for the boost tho

Registered
Discussion Starter #55
Awsome build man. Keep it up and keep posting pictures!
Thanks man, I'm trying be best to do thing the right way but unfortunately the right way isn't always cheap or easy and money is a big problem for me rn, although of people are just saying it should just go to the junk yard now or this is some cheap shit but oh well I'm trying thanks for the boost tho

Registered
Discussion Starter #56
5,000 lb. vehicle on 46s with a D44 should be interesting, better off to go straight to the 60 and avoid redoing steering arms & linkages, brackets, driveshaft mods, gears, etc. I'm preparing to do a SAS on my Suburban as well, but I'm just sticking with the 6" lift height I'm at. Just cut the fenders to make the room you need. Seems pretty tall, but I look forward to your updates.
Okay its not exactly gonna be on 46s yet I'm gonna start with 37s and see how it looks first also the truck is over 6000 lbs but the dana 44 should hold up with regears people bear then up all the time and im planning making it stronger later on until I can find a Dana 60 that's in my price range, that pretty much impossible to find a dana 60 where I live. But good luck with ur suburban build tho its gonna be great

Registered
Discussion Starter #57
I read through all of your posts and didn't see a answer to this, What do you plan to do with this truck on 46's and 10-15" lift when you are done?
Its not 10 inches of lift, actually Idk how tall its gonna be and im just gonna start off with 37s or a little bigger n see how it looks, and to answer ur question... I'm gonna drive it lol ill off road it too #notapavementprincess

Registered
When I started out, I built some shady stuff, had really ugly welds and made some mistakes, this terrifies me. Find a couple buddies that have well built rigs and ask for some in person critique of your design and your execution. This is the classic "bus full of nuns" situation ready to happen. Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance. This seems like no planning and even poorer implementation.

Registered
Discussion Starter #60
Aw man if only I had plans for this months before I started it...
When I started out, I built some shady stuff, had really ugly welds and made some mistakes, this terrifies me. Find a couple buddies that have well built rigs and ask for some in person critique of your design and your execution. This is the classic "bus full of nuns" situation ready to happen. Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance. This seems like no planning and even poorer implementation.
Wow if only I had made plans months before i started the project...

41 - 60 of 76 Posts