Pirate 4x4 banner

Solid axle swap done on a B4k(pics)

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  HIX 
#1 ·
Here is the link...

There are only a few there now but more are coming.PICS

#3 ·
Hix, are those the James Duff coils??? I'm thinking that they are... If you are still running the 4.0L in that thing then you have to keep me posted on how they work... Everybody I talk to has a different opinion on EB coils in a V6 Ranger. Other than that, the swap looks clean... So when are you coming to CA to try some real wheeling????

#4 ·
They are variable rate duff 3.5 inch lift coils. They are supposed to be a little softer than the regular ones.

As far as price goes

250 for the axle
100 bux to have it narrowed
125 for the coils
165 for the 4.56 gears
175 for the gear install
200 for the steering and trackbar
100 for misc shit
I sold my old axle for 375
and the superlift 5.5 for 300

so it only cost me a couple hundred

#7 ·
Rockstomper.com made the steering and I can't say enough about the quality.

The coil buckets work perfect if you bend two tabs on each bucket out of the way. This is not due to the increased radius but to the fact that the EB coils top wrap goes accorss the center of the coil.

Worked out well.

#8 ·
Do you have any close up pics of the bucket mods? I might skip the coil buckets and fab some coilover mounts, but if it is that easy to use the stock buckets than I might do that. I am pretty sure that the buckets on a B4K are the same as an Explorer. Is that trackbar adjustable?

[ 10-26-2001: Message edited by: Demon4x4 ]

#10 ·
The trackbar is adjustable as well as the mount. After I get everything perfect I'll weld the sleeve for strenght. As far as the buckets go I think they are the same as well.

Tiessen,

Are your shocks angled to the rear from top to bottom?

#11 ·
Originally posted by TX:
<STRONG>sweet looking setup there man...how much $$$ you drop in it? What axle/gears/locker you running? Did you swap the rear too?</STRONG>

I left the rear alone I would rather spend the 300 bux on something else. I am just going to carry two spares.

4.56 gears and a No-Slip locker in the rear. I am waiting on the front till I can afford the OXtrax locker.

#12 ·
did you go from the twin I beam suspension to that solid axle? or was it from IFS to the solid? i might be doing a swap from twin I beam on this truck i am buying.

#16 ·
The draglink to pitman arm end is from a left hand outer from a E-250...It fits perfect

Bugs? Ummm... lets see...The tie ro is right indfront of the track bar mount b/c of the knuckle over swap. This made me flip the bolt around and it has a little slop in it.

BTW... check the for Sale section.... My 8.8 is for sale and I am also selling the gears, locker by themselves if I can't find a buyer for the whole thing....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.