156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just talked to Jason In cabo
1st Tracy Jordan 2nd Jason Paule 3rd Randy Ellis 4th Mike Palmer
5th Neil Lilliard .

·
Registered
151 Posts
Did Jason say anything about the scoring fiasco?

·
thhhpptthh!
46,716 Posts
this thread sucks without PICS !!!

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Congrats to all the winners.

Its nice to see Randy up near the top again. Way to go Randy.:cool:

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
I can't believe the promoters didn't get a group of experienced judges together. Especially for an event with so much money on the line, absolutely absurd!
He could have taken a small part of that money and at least paid travel expenses for some staff. Some people just don't understand this. Staff is critical to making these events work, it is also damn hard work and people that volunteer once are not likely to volunteer for free again after realizing the effort involved.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
This is where I must thank the CalROCS Judges and staff for their hard work and realiability.
Thanks
Rich

·
Registered
247 Posts
Baja Rocks

Congrats. to the top five, and it's nice to see the Twisted Customs Buggies 1st and 2nd. :)

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Whitewater said:
I can't believe the promoters didn't get a group of experienced judges together. Especially for an event with so much money on the line, absolutely absurd!
He could have taken a small part of that money and at least paid travel expenses for some staff. Some people just don't understand this. Staff is critical to making these events work, it is also damn hard work and people that volunteer once are not likely to volunteer for free again after realizing the effort involved.
Whats the deal with the judges mike?? And yes there is a crap load of effort that is put forth to make a compeition run smooth and if you dont have experienced judges it gets kinda screwed up.. You going to be at the 1st calrocs?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Did Dustin (Team Red Bull) even make it down there? Does anyone know?

I'm gonna join Rich in giving kudos to our staff at CRCA also. The judges and volunteers bring it all together and make it work. Without them, it's just one or two guys with an idea and three thousand spectators wondering what's going on.

Angie Knoll
CRCA

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
I talked to Dustin before he left on Monday, late, they got the tranny in and were getting ready for the drive.
Rich

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Whitewater said:
Staff is critical to making these events work, it is also damn hard work and people that volunteer once are not likely to volunteer for free again after realizing the effort involved.
I disagree with part of this statement...yes staff is critical in a smooth running event...but the other part of the statement is where I disagree, I volunteered last year as a UROC judge and did it without pay and I am doing it again this year without pay...a lot of work and out of pocket expense but I have fun doing it and meeting everyone...:D:D:D these events wouldn;t be what they are if you didn't have returning officials...JMO

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Supergper said:

I disagree with part of this statement...yes staff is critical in a smooth running event...but the other part of the statement is where I disagree, I volunteered last year as a UROC judge and did it without pay and I am doing it again this year without pay...a lot of work and out of pocket expense but I have fun doing it and meeting everyone...:D:D:D these events wouldn;t be what they are if you didn't have returning officials...JMO
Yes.. and whitewater is a returning offical.. For calrocs.. And so am i. In two weeks, for the season opener, it will be 7 events that i have judged.. From the start of calrocs, to carnage for the con, and now back this year for some more fun. You have to have experienced judges who love the sport and who are willing to return and work many hours in the sun to put these events on. With as much money that was tossed around at bajarocks.. they should of paided for experienced judges. plain and simple. Maybe not all of the judges needed to be experienced, but there should of at least been one per course who has spent 2-3 events judging.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
James, apparently they tried training some locals, I think there were problems with the language barriers as well as with them not understanding the sport. Offroad.com's coverage explains it in a little bit of detail.

Supergper, I know that many people don't mind volunteering, I myself am one of those people. But truth is, the vast majority of people don't have the time, money or desire to go to event after event and put in a full day's worth of work for the hell of it.

Rich, We luv ya man :D
:beer:

·
Premium Member
9,561 Posts
this thread sucks without PICS !!! :flipoff2: I'll try to pitch in...

Mike Palmer going downhill....

Mike Palmer going uphill....

Mike seems a bit confused which end is up... but that's one of the things that makes him so fun to watch...

I'll admit that I miss his old ride, though:

It was a lotta fun listening to him wind up that Vortec 4.3-and-a-little V6 to almost 7000 rpms...

There, better? :p This post now has pics!

Randii

·
Registered
514 Posts
i wonder how many spectators were there..????

·
Registered
683 Posts
It was a lotta fun listening to him wind up that Vortec 4.3-and-a-little V6 to almost 7000 rpms...

Randii [/B]
I might be missing somthing in what your saying but I liked hearing him wind up that Donovan. The rocks were rumbleing (sp?). :eek:

Phil

Attachments

·
Registered
683 Posts
RJ got a hole in his tranny pan on the first day and Jason Bunchs' spotter got sick so Lance spotted for Jason on day 2 and then fell asleep.:flipoff2:
Great job Lance.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts