Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 322 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
9" centers are sweet for the gearing options, all the way down to ~7.50 hard to justify a custom 9" ifs chunk with 30s though. Not to mention that looking under there even a 9" would be hard to fit.

What's r&p do you have now?

Is anyone making a kick to kick tcase adapter? Or kick to Toyota? Having stock low back plus a low crawl would be perfect.
There is a guy around building kick/d300 & kick/toy setups. I cant recall who it is though. I believe @untchabl is having one built currently.

Also, you should be able to use the 2.0l without the vss, but you might not have factory speedo anymore. There are plenty of these swaps in samurais, so they must be doing something.

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
Is anyone making a kick to kick tcase adapter? Or kick to Toyota? Having stock low back plus a low crawl would be perfect.
keith makes trackick/toy doublers - also makes trackick/d300 doublers too. quite a few guys in WErock running the trackick/D300 with good results

had i kept my jeep i was going to do a trackick/toy doubler from keith

·
Registered
12,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
There is a guy around building kick/d300 & kick/toy setups. I cant recall who it is though. I believe @untchabl is having one built currently.

Also, you should be able to use the 2.0l without the vss, but you might not have factory speedo anymore. There are plenty of these swaps in samurais, so they must be doing something.
Ya, I remember the thread, it would be cool if he could get a website or something more than what he's got going now.

Good point, I'm not worried about the speedo working at all. A friend of mine offered up his 4:1 Sami case if he can find a donor for 6.5 gears. If that happens, I may try to go that route. I think for now im just going to put it together with stock gears and see how the auto works with 1:1 and 1.8:1

·
Premium Member
14,101 Posts
Are you on Facebook at all or just your wife? Go sign up on suzukisamuraiowners2.0. There is a ton of good info. All of the people selling doubler kits are on there as well as a new guy selling assembled kick to samurai cases.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
I looked into buying set of the auzy gears and the import tax is about $1,000 bucks. So it's over 2,000 bucks to get two r&p's into the country. If it was the exact ratio I thought I needed I would do it. Rockrat4x4 was trying to get to be a dealer and I committed to buying 2 vehicles worth, but he need 100 sets sold to make it work. There just wasn't enough people wanting them.

I enjoy doing custom stuff. I would like to have mine in the 4 to 5 inch lift range and on 32's or 33's with no body lift. The rear would fit pretty good at that height. I think I'd have to cut and rebuild the front lower cross member to get a 9" up front. But I'd like to move the front end forward any way. This is all musings right now, I'm trying to sell my house and move so I gotta wait a bit to get back on it. I finished off destroying my big jeep at KOH so the tracker is my only entertainment left for the year.

·
Registered
12,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I looked into buying set of the auzy gears and the import tax is about $1,000 bucks. So it's over 2,000 bucks to get two r&p's into the country. If it was the exact ratio I thought I needed I would do it. Rockrat4x4 was trying to get to be a dealer and I committed to buying 2 vehicles worth, but he need 100 sets sold to make it work. There just wasn't enough people wanting them.

I enjoy doing custom stuff. I would like to have mine in the 4 to 5 inch lift range and on 32's or 33's with no body lift. The rear would fit pretty good at that height. I think I'd have to cut and rebuild the front lower cross member to get a 9" up front. But I'd like to move the front end forward any way. This is all musings right now, I'm trying to sell my house and move so I gotta wait a bit to get back on it. I finished off destroying my big jeep at KOH so the tracker is my only entertainment left for the year.
Gotcha, I mean the 9" stuff isn't really that expensive, especially since you wouldn't need anything to fancy, factory housing and 3rds would probably be bulletproof. Heck, a lot of those 6.xx gears are cheap since they are popular in circle track cars. 9" just has that stigma of being $$$ because you can spend a ton on it.

·
Registered
88 Posts

Keith is building me a Tracker/Toyota setup for my Sami buggy.

·
Premium Member
14,101 Posts
Random tidbit that may save you some headache later on...
Not sure what year your 2dr is but you cant gear an 89 or older sidekick case. Everything appears the same but the case is just a tiny bit thinner in the area you have to grind out to accept the larger gears.

·
Registered
12,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
Random tidbit that may save you some headache later on...
Not sure what year your 2dr is but you cant gear an 89 or older sidekick case. Everything appears the same but the case is just a tiny bit thinner in the area you have to grind out to accept the larger gears.
Good to know

I'm planning on using the 4 door case behind the 3spd. Brent said it will bolt up, but has different rear out put splines and the electronic speed sensor.

Would you want to part with your 2 door? Or at least the 3spd? Wilson is still kind of looking for one for his Sami.

·
Premium Member
14,101 Posts
Good to know

I'm planning on using the 4 door case behind the 3spd. Brent said it will bolt up, but has different rear out put splines and the electronic speed sensor.

Would you want to part with your 2 door? Or at least the 3spd? Wilson is still kind of looking for one for his Sami.

I'm saving it for the 3spd and power steering for my little samurai

·
Registered
12,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I'm saving it for the 3spd and power steering for my little samurai
I thought you were dropping the 2.0 in? Would it be easier to just use the 4spd with the 2.0 then?

You can have all the power steering stuff from my 2 door if you don't want to tear that one apart.

·
Premium Member
14,101 Posts
I thought you were dropping the 2.0 in? Would it be easier to just use the 4spd with the 2.0 then?

You can have all the power steering stuff from my 2 door if you don't want to tear that one apart.

Really no idea right now, haha. But orrigonal plan was 3spd behind the 1.6 that's already in the sami but who knows. I have a house to build

·
Premium Member
14,101 Posts
If your not building the 2dr I'd like it back.

On another note it would be cool if you did a good writeup with pictures and details on the hagen mod and getting the CVS to work. I dont think all of the info exists in 1 easy to follow spot.

·
Registered
775 Posts

On another note it would be cool if you did a good writeup with pictures and details on the hagen mod and getting the CVS to work. I dont think all of the info exists in 1 easy to follow spot.
X2.

Some of it did on izook, but that site is likely dead now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #58

OK, just text me your address and I'll get it in a flat rate box.

The kit showed up yesterday, machine work looks very nice, packaged nice, looked very complete and even had easy to follow instructions.

I actually got 2 days off this week so I'm hoping to get a bunch done at least one day.

I did also find a local source for good used cv's, I guess I need the hubs also, for some reason I thought the suzuki hubs were the same splines.

·
Premium Member
14,101 Posts
OK, just text me your address and I'll get it in a flat rate box.

The kit showed up yesterday, machine work looks very nice, packaged nice, looked very complete and even had easy to follow instructions.

I actually got 2 days off this week so I'm hoping to get a bunch done at least one day.

I did also find a local source for good used cv's, I guess I need the hubs also, for some reason I thought the suzuki hubs were the same splines.

Yes, stock hubs should work

41 - 60 of 322 Posts