Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is the begnining....I am calling this obstacle "bad decision" .....upon installation of fuel injection I plan to be the first one to go up it....:) it is over on the bartlett slickrock area if you know where that is?!?...

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hell's gate was my nemesis, I had seen that video of that poor TJ doing roll after roll down that thing and it scared the poop outta me!! I got used to it and subsequently flopped it three times twice to the right and once to the left all were driveable flops so I righted myself....I am just too narrow to fit through that area....

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
you are one lucky mo fo that you didn't loose your leg. have friends that have almost lost hands and other body parts cause of trying to brace their roll.

other than that...looks like you had a blast.

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
I beleive he layed it over and pushed it back onto "balance" with his leg... didn't realy stop the fall with the leg..

·
Registered
178 Posts
I think gates of hell is getting slippery , in 98 I took my stock tj up it with 31" bfg at tires. A silver sammy with bad rings followed me up doing scary wheel stands all the way. The real scary part was the driver and pass were both:rainbow: . 3 other vehicles in the group turned on their side though!

·
Registered
377 Posts
looks pretty cool

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
Those are some cool pics.
It's hard for me to judge the difficulty without being there.
That's all together different from anything we've got around here.

I hope to make the journey in the next couple of years.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Looks like the last storm passed up moab. It hit CO.

·
Registered
600 Posts
nice...what do you have for t-case gears and axle gears any lockers????

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Hey Spencer,

Great looking photos.. Got my heart pumping a little faster just looking at them. That Bartlet area looks sweet! Many people find the area yet? I imagione after Easter it will be well known.

I hate that Hell's Gate.. Not sure I have the balls to mess with that one. I have come across that thing in the night, and it sure looks nasty. Never ran into on a day run.

Can't wait to get out there!

-Wayne

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have a welded rear and a lockright ready to go up front but didn't have time to stick it in before I left so it just went with me as a spare for the rear.

as far as bartlett, it is on the moab maps that they sell in the gas stations down there. they call it the bartlett wash and slickrock area. it has a real nice climb at the entrance that you get plenty of mountain biker spectators on.

just watch for the hikers and bikers...this is kind of an unknown place that they have just for themselves for now, the wheelers are welcome but not a lot of us go play there.

The pickle is over there too but I am not sure if they cleared the landslide that covered it a while back. it is sure a fun place but a bit off the beaten path...just take blue hills road off 191.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts