Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the EGR blanking plate drilled to recieve the EGT probe. Since I will be "tuning" this diesel a bit, I wanted to have some idea of what kinda EGT's it would be hitting.

Billster

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the welded bung. Not to shabby for a newb.

Billster

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EGT probe installed in the EGR blanking plate on the exhaust manifold (pre turbo btw).

Billster

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are the RoverTym D110 rear springs that are approx. 6" lift and a rate around 200lbs/inch. They are next to some real 759's for a comparo.

Billster

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is the new winch controller - Warn Industrial solid state solenoid pack (hopefully no more blown solenoids). It also has a really cool screw in remote.

Billster

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And the last shot is a pict of the rear of the instrument panel with some of the wiring I made up (the stock stuff really sucks).

Billster

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
How much was that solid state winch pack? Can't find pricing info on it anywhere...

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
TxD90 said:
How much was that solid state winch pack? Can't find pricing info on it anywhere...
I'll sell you mine *with* the remote control for $400 TX.

Ask Bill, that's still a good deal.

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Remember, this is the INDUSTRIAL solenoid pack, not the consumer solid state pack (which I do not think is avail. yet). Here is a pict from SEMA showing the consumer pack.

Here is a link to the place I got my Indust. pack and controller:

http://www.dsiwarn.com/service_parts.htm

They are a good source for parts and such as well. And are located in Schertz, Texas (major speed trap by the way just north of San Antonio).

Billster

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Great Shots

Bilster, I haven't hooked up my pyro yet and your idea of putting it on the EGR blanking plate is brilliant, I know what I will be doing this weekend.

David.

·
Registered
422 Posts
You might want to drill an angled 3/4" hole in the egr plate to recess the probe in as far as possible to get it in the exhaust stream and get the most accurate reading possible. I also used a 1/4NPT tap and cut the threads deeper to make the probe sit further in. When you take that plate off the actual exhaust flow is back in there an inch or two. Once you take that plate off you'll understand what I mean.

·
Registered
79 Posts
EGR Plate

I still have the EGR in place, although not hooked up, so I have to fab a plate and tap it etc. So I am basically starting from scratch.
Hence the great assistance provided by Bill's photo...

David
(need to make more senseless posts to end newbie status)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Serious One said:

I'll sell you mine *with* the remote control for $400 TX.

Ask Bill, that's still a good deal.
Actually, I've donated my winch to Longhorn Offroad, and we're going to revamp it into a multi-mount "club winch" so that multiple vehicles can use it as needed. There's been some talk of replacing the unhappy solenoid pack with a solid state - but at prices like that it is probably out of the question.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Yeah, the problem with really good equipment is it's expensive to purchase, and if/when you want to sell it it's tough to find someone to buy it.

Trust me I completely understand.

It's cool you're doing the club winch thing. Hopefully the person who takes it out for a day actually knows how to use it and how to keep from hurting anyone.

You may want to look into some liability waiver for them to sign when they take it out.

Sorry for the hi-jack Bill.

Later,

Michael

·
Registered
130 Posts
Well, the winch is the property of the club now - and all members have to sign waivers as is.

On any run where we actually NEED a winch, there are usually at least four vehicles, and usually someone who has some idea of what they are doing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts