Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The "Two Headed Dragon" a 2 forked canyon with the left fork being just a good hard trail that keeps climbing, the right fork is shorter but NASTY, and goes straight up the side of the canyon. We took the left fork for the first time through. As always the pics don't do justice to the trail, but here's a few regardless...

At the first ledge

Attachments

·
Registered
452 Posts
dirtmonkey,
i would love to see a side shot and front of your cruiser. i like the rear cutout look and want to see that front bumper. looks very cool!
Goebeler

by the way, where is that trail located?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
IDAHO, Dirt Monkey is the resident trail finder in this neck of the woods.

He's found some interesting trails and he does a good job of naming them. Meat Grinder is one of my favorite names and I think it is suitable for that trail.

Dang! I wish I would have made it out. Darn flat tire the day before the run! I'm fixing it at lunch today.

·
Registered
673 Posts
What part of Idaho is that? It looks like a sweet place to go play around, nice find.

·
Registered
293 Posts
nope...

Eric,
a) make no mistake you did miss out... we had a great time and the weather was even good to us :)
b) this is not the trail we did (pics are from an earlier run).
c) too bad you missed it - we had some decent carnage (JB80 lost 2 of the 4 bolts from the underside of his passenger knuckle, sliced 2 of his NEW tires...)

We had a guy in a Chev Blazer stop us and ask if he could play... that lasted until he saw the real trail & a bit of carnage -- at that point he said "I ahhh... think I am going to turn around and go back" :D :D :D

Great guy, he just thought we were going to STAY on the dirt roads the entire time...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
cool man...pretty good lookin trail

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Goebeler said:
dirtmonkey,
i would love to see a side shot and front of your cruiser. i like the rear cutout look and want to see that front bumper. looks very cool! Goebeler
There are some pics here...They are WAY dark though:rolleyes:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=151672&highlight=outing+on+Krawlers

Yeah, eric these are not from last weekend...This ceremony was scheduled for a couple of Sundays ago(the day after the LONG day/night on the mtn in the snow) 5hours of sleep, sick, and Sun AM came to soon. It was great though. I know *I'm* obsessed, but what was really surprising was when James came walking up the trail at 10:00am...If he hadn't, I probably wouldn't have got any cool pics:cool:

You beat me to the pics Micheal...I just wish they had not come out so poor...Those pics are from Lower Carnage cyn. and Top Ripper. I may post up some more on NWC. The photo quality is so poor, I'm almost afraid to post em....

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
DM said:
what was really surprising was when James came walking up the trail at 10:00am...If he hadn't, I probably wouldn't have got any cool pics:cool:
I wouldn't brag about any of the pics I took that day:rolleyes: I was too out of it from the long day and short night prededing that to be a very good photographer...

Eric, You mentioned Meat Grinder. Here is a pretty good shot of part of the intro obstacle.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,587 Posts
tie rod

dirt monkey....very cool cruiser:cool: ...........is it just me or is your tie rod bent...i had to hold a straight edge of paper up to my screen to convince me to ask you:confused: ....anyway great picture!

glenn

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
76lcforty said:

I wouldn't brag about any of the pics I took that day:rolleyes: I was too out of it from the long day and short night prededing that to be a very good photographer...

Eric, You mentioned Meat Grinder. Here is a pretty good shot of part of the intro obstacle.
That picture is soooo :rainbow: yes, that is a bent little tie rod, yes that is a steering stab, and yes, that front stinger is too pointy...James, at least your pix aren't all out of focus like mine...

Meat Grinder is So last week....I saw a kid drive his Honda Civic through that trail last week. He made a clean run, until he scraped his chromed fart can on a rock. He was yelling obscenities, but I couldn't hear him over his stereo...:flipoff2: :flipoff2: JK

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
BJ On Roids said:
looks like a gnarly trail! (how you finding those krawlerS?)
I haven’t been running the Krawlers due to the offset of the 17s allowing too much rubbing (even spaced out), they rub and reduce track width too much. I’m trying to decide whether to sell them or use them for another project. I still think the traction level with those tires is awesome, but don’t think they’re as durable as people probably think.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts