Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to plan ahead (I know I'm not a newbie, but this isn't hardcore at all). I am thinking about my interior. I am thinking that I need to strip it all out, replace hte floorboards with mesh, get some race seats w/ 5-points, and a some kind of middle console (preferably a locking one). I do mud mostly, so I want something that I can hose out.

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
When you say mesh, do you mean expanded steel? IMHO, that is not a good idea unless you are full race. Yes, it will let everything out, but it will also let everything in. Anything small enough that hits the floor will fall through. It will allow water, mud , cold and wind in, not to mention smells. Imagine getting it sunk and soaking your legs, then driving home down the highway with the cold wind hitting your legs. Not my idea of fun. I would het a can or two of Herculiner, slather some of that on the floorboard and call it good.

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
05wrightm said:
yea, that would probably work better. But it sure would weigh a lot... :(
I wouldn't think it would be too bad, but I don't know for sure.

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
A gallon of herculiner probably adds 5 or ten pounds. I'll tell you my plans: Right now I have a full inerior (cloth door panels, seats... eww) but the floor is herculined.

Do NOT herculine a rig that sees mud. It will never get clean: Mud gets trapped in the texture and the floor permanently looks very dusty. :(

My plans: Smooth metal inner panels with floor mats where my feet rub. I plan on having to repaint the floor every couple months, but at least it's easy to clean off.

Fab a steel dash with all of the gauges, computer, and radio/speakers inside of an enclosure that can be sealed... as much as is practical.

The seats will be plastic buckets with a fat hole in the spot where a puddle usually collects, and the floor will all be sloped toward a 3" PVC cleanout fitting... sort of like a big, removeable shop-drain in the middle of the rig.

I want to be able to take a pressure washer to the interior and have a completely clean rig inside 10 minuted. No covering the seats with plastic and using ultra-low pressure from the spigot so that I don't spray all over the CB and all the other water sensitive stuff.

·
Registered
840 Posts
my truck has rubber floormats and then entire floor is just rubber so i can hose it out. theres a couple holes that some of the interior moldings snap into that i pop out when i hose it and the water/mud drains outta there. screw carpet

1 - 10 of 10 Posts