Pirate 4x4 banner

Somebody talk me outta this.

885 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Hank 
#1 ·
Sittin at the shop I have a customer Disco, 1994, 5 speed. Crankshaft broken in 2. Body beat all to hell (even the roof)
Sitting next to it I have a 75 RR with a 3 ltr Toyota diesel w/ ps and pb, LT95 with over drive...see where I'm going with this.
Other than outside cosmetics and the engine, the Disco is in good shape, the RR is rusted all to pieces but runs and drives like a dream, speed exceeds 90 (hmm how'd I know that) as it sits so it ought to do fine in the Disco

Opinions? Flames? etc...

David.

#2 ·
First off, I want to know how somebody broke a crank in two places. The rare occasions where I've seen broken cranks, they didn't run long enough after the first break to break again! Usually, right after that last sickening bang, there is no more noise from the engine, just the owner.

Go ahead and do it and let me know when and I'll run down and take the 3.9 parts off your hands.

Paul

#4 ·
Hey,

Which toyota is it? 3B? It'll push the range rover to 90 mph?

Hmm. I thought that engine was a total slowpoke. Perhaps a good candidate for my repower.

Interested in selling the RR as is?

J-L

#5 ·
I think I smell a convertable disco coming!

Good God Red, you are reading my mind (kinda like reading a first grade primer isn't it)

Put in a Full SD roll cage and whack the top off....

J-L, maybe it's because of the OD but this little rangie moved right along. It's not the quickest 0-60 but did a great job when I was driving it. (had to put the drivers door back on everytime you opened it, door and body are rusted so bad)

David

First off I have to convince the owner to sell to me cheap...

#7 ·
Well, as for the RR its too bad JB weld doesn't come by the gallon like Bondo does.

I'd do it , or should I say Im doing somthing somewhat similar with my 2 door RR.

Its like they say, old rovers never die, they just turn into extra parts for your other rovers

-Jeff

#8 ·
White 130,

a friend of mine had an early 2 dr rangie with an LT95 and a Perkins 4-236. It had what I believe is an ashcroft overdrive. It was a great truck, did 80 mph easily on the highway. Smallish tires, though.

Perhaps it is an overdrive thing, I had just assumed the perkins put out a lot of HP compared to the 3B Toyota.

J-L - Looking forwards to the dieselisation process.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.