Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought y'all might like to see a semi custom skinny version of one of our crossmembers. My daughter thought it was "cute" and looked more "portable" than the full sized ones! :) Fits a 26" wide tube buggy. If the owner would like to chime in, go for it, but otherwise folks will just have to guess who will have 27" of clearance to their new BudBuilt crossmember. :)

·
Registered
652 Posts
i can see it fine. how much do custom ones cost bud? friend was thinking of one for a sammy

dave

·
Registered
652 Posts
i thought it was an east coast thing :)

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Teehee! I thought I'd screwed it up last night, it was 1:30am our time and I just came in from the shop...
I have built lots of custom ones, but they just take a while. I have built some for Samis and Trackers with dual Toyota cases already tho. ;)

·
Registered
296 Posts
lookin' good there Bud! although if it was truely a custom job, it'd be chromed out :flipoff2:

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ding Ding Ding!
ToyFamily wins the prize! Was it the huge ground clearance under it that tipped you off? Gotta love Mog axles. On 37" Krawlers!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Phttt! We got at least 26" under the poor colege boy buggae's belly And we are running toy axles and 37 inch mtr. The thing aint rediculously tall either. We are lowering it though to get a better CG.
Actually bud one of those would look mighty nice under the buggae ;)

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
I second thomas' idea....but the buggy is fat bottomed......I guessed it cause of the skinny buggy....there is only a few and only one other one besides mine I know of running toy cases.....

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Bud, do all of your single case crossmembers come painted red, because I would prefer black.

·
Registered
296 Posts
they all come unpainted unless you got prototype #1 - that one came black :D

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Yep, that would be mine. BUD that x-member came out really bitchen. I can't wait to put it under my buggy. Thanks for all of your help. I will make it up to you everytime the TOY is pounding an Atlas / Turbo 400 / V-8. and I'm on my lid with the only thing showing is the "BUD BUILT" x-member. Take care, I will be in touch. Daren

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts