Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Dang that sucks.
Hope your PD is better then the one around here.
Can't hardly get the one around here to even take a report.
Got insurance?
Been there myself so I know how you feel:(

·
Registered
985 Posts
the part that is kind of funny is the stuff that they didn't take
GPS,
Chrome fire extingisher(I had that same one taken from my D90)
freaking punks.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
That sucks man...Been there too...

I'm surprized they didn't take that high-zoot drink holder! Aren't those things like about $175?

--D

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
That sucks. What always bothers me is the damage that is casused is is usually more than the parts that were taken.

-Jeff

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have lots of insurance. Auto insurance will cover the stereo equipment and damage. My renters insurance will cover all of my Snap-on tools. That is the one that hurts BTW.

Made friends with the claim person. He has a Jeep YJ that is modified. The auto portion started at $1500 and after me pointing additional things out and being very nice, it moved to $3K. Much better and now I can return it to normal. Yeah kind of funny what they decided to take. The cup holders are about that price, but they have my name engraved in them, which may not have been to their liking????:D

Way

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
That's wild, had my deck stolen last week too. Fortunately it was recovered, they got the little punks. Unfortunately I can't have their names because of the young offenders protection act, so I can't place a personal visit to their household. What fun that would have been.

The weirdest thing is there was a toolbox filled with shnap on, mac, gray, and SK in the back (which I usually do NOT leave in the truck) and they left it right there. They also left the amp, speakers, etc. Just the deck!

I found it kinda funny, my deck is about 5 years old, it's burnt so you have to smack it for it to pickup the CD, and the faceplate is all corroded because of me leaving it out in the rain with the top off. It's definitely the worst part of the system, and they left everything else there. Next time I'm getting it bolted down with triple square drive recessed head bolts.

J-L

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Thats a drag

Sucks your junk got stolen. I got a tuffy drawer for the back of the bullfrog for that very reason. Of course, Ive never had a rover with a radio . . .so I cant really relate.
-Regards
-Ike

·
Registered
305 Posts
HandBuilt said:

The weirdest thing is there was a toolbox filled with shnap on, mac, gray, and SK in the back (which I usually do NOT leave in the truck) and they left it right there. They also left the amp, speakers, etc. Just the deck!

J-L
sorry Way!

I'm sure they only take the stereo, as its easy to pawn off, it will probably be on Ebay or at the pawn shop next week.

I had one ripped out a long time ago, pain in the butt, cops coulda cared less

:mad:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Same here. Cops were very nice but wouldn't take fingerprints:confused:

I even woke up at 2:45 that night because I thought I heard someone breaking into the house. Still wouldn't print.

Oh well. Time for some new junk I guess.

Way

1 - 14 of 14 Posts