Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this weekend I went on a wheeling/expedition trip and the small town where I met my friend to begin the trip happened to be the area where Soni lives. As I was crusing through town I saw a really cool looking Flat Fender parked on the side of the road, it was Soni's! :smokin:

Here are what some of you have been after, recent pictures of his Jeep -

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,969 Posts
They always look badass uncaged.
What frame/engine does he run?
And NM Truck plate as well, plates from Mora county

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Best post of the year !!!

I love the old patina look.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Such a cool looking jeep. Makes me want to buy and build a flatty. Oh wait a minute...

·
Premium Member
2,084 Posts
Needs more triangulation!:D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Im not sure who soni is (but I have my suspitions). But the rig is perfect:D Optimal tire with min lift, and functional. Definatly one of those rigs you should think twice about following into the desert:eek:

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I've seen this rig before on here, I think in one of SVARAS threads, but cannot find any more---build, links, etc.

A little help here,

Also, what is going on with the winch---dual powered or is that hydraullic bit used as a pump to power something else (with the winch in freespool...)???

Edit: upon closed inspection I see it's a belleview and I'm not sure that that is an electric motor at all, don't see any cables....

Edit again: just found this,

Soni Honeggar (somewhat of a pioneer in many ways) had done this back in the mid nineties "just because" on his little flatty known as rock spider way back then. He had a pto monted pump I believe on his SM465 or maybe T-18 tcase, I think it was something from a wrecker application. If I recall, the way it was rigged, the pump effectively had multiple speeds based on what gear he used in the tranny.

I've not spoke with Soni in a few yrs, but I'm sure he could walk you through it. I can't say if it was feasible or not, but it sure made the 8274 fast/powerful/versatile, better than it already was. Another friend of ours did the same with his EB and he loved his setup as well. Fast/smooth/powerful/reliable.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Looking at the dash picture, what is the lever just to the right of the battery switches? It has a plaque but I can't read what it says.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I am going over to Soni's place tomorrow, will try to see the MB and talk to Soni about it.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.