Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
5,906 Posts
To your credit, yes, you and others put in the effort to keep Soup open in the time period discussed above. The fight was probably tougher due to your colleagues who were opposed to Soup remaining open, and therefore, were likely working other channels against your efforts. I was made aware through back channels who the infidels were. Fine men.

During this process, since RTF was not sharing information with the public, I got mine directly from my district Supervisor. We had a comprehensive discussion regarding Soup and I can say that he never discussed with me that a condition existed that Soup was subject to rebar and concrete in 2016 - four years later.

So, though a discussion may have taken place, and a record of decision was set forth, I know that I was never made aware of this work as a condition to keep Soup open. As I stated previously, maintenance on the trail is not an issue, communication and new offroad cement mixers are.

If this work was a condition set forth in a previous record of decision, why not post that fact in the OP? And further, why the post on FOTR facebook stating users requested this?

Succintly, very slippery.
Thankfully we have a had a four year reprieve before having to deal with this.

Sigh, details, details, the work was described somewhere, it's been a while LOL. It's not in the DEIS, I just checked. Then again, maybe it is in the 598 pages of drivel but we have to abide by it now. Maybe it went in to abyss that is the SSWQPP??

Why not do the project and keep wheeling?? Most of the opinions here make it out to be insignificant as a project. While I agree, it does have importance.

Public disclosure, blah blah blah, that's your mantra isn't it?? Only hear from you when there is a complaint.

·
5,906 Posts
More quote from the DEIS. Its easy to find if you want, its all public record. There are and have been impacts in the area. It's been quantified, measured and too well documented. I have walked it myself. It's hard to deny when you look.

Do I like it? I have not liked any of this scrutiny, ever.

In the Winter Camp area, the Winter Camp Wetland is quickly being filled with
fine sediment from the trail. This sediment primarily originates in the Soup
Bowl and Winter Camp areas with some
additional sediment input coming from
the Little Sluice area. In addition to sediment, this area has known sanitation
issues and often contains high concen
trations of petroleum products and
solvents. The primary tributary channel to the Winter Camp Wetland originates
just west of the Soup Bowl Wetland. This channel receives much of its runoff
from the trail prior to reaching the Soup Bowl Wetland. From the Soup Bowl
Wetland this channel flows through the Winter Camp area on its way to Winter
Camp Wetland. Flowing through the highly degraded and incised Winter Camp
area, this channel is concentrated with fine sediment and contaminants. Just
east and upstream of the Winter Camp Wetland is the Little Sluice Wetland. It
is in close proximity to the Little Sluice Long Bypass which crosses in the
drainage depression between the two wetlands. Of particular concern in this
area is the likelihood of petroleum prod
ucts and contaminants being delivered
to the wetland during runoff events. Staining on the rocks was observed as was
evidence of vehicular use in close proximity to the wetland.

·
Registered
520 Posts
:grinpimp:
Public disclosure, blah blah blah, that's your mantra isn't it?? Only hear from you when there is a complaint.
This is classic!

What, public disclosure from a company excepting public funds as a condition of IRS tax free status? Fawking aye it is my mantra. And, there is certainly plenty to complain about, but less since your retirement.

And it is baa, baa, baa.:flipoff2:

·
5,906 Posts
You must be the quintessential Monday morning quarterback......if you ever had a request that made sense other than blanket statements and demands made only here......

·
Registered
520 Posts
You must be the quintessential Monday morning quarterback......if you ever had a request that made sense other than blanket statements and demands made only here......
Here is another blanket statement, it appears that you came into this thread to intentionally mislead members as to the origination of this work. You could have easily shared facts, you chose your same old song and dance.

And you appear confused, I can not remember the last demand that I made in life that I didn't collect on.

Quit being such a Little Man.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
What a waist of money, time, and manpower to work on that location. When other areas close by actually need to be worked!

Here is one pic from this weekend. It is even easier for the smaller built vehicles compared to the one in the pic. To pretty much close the trail for this work on a
Weekend is a waist!

Attachments

·
5,906 Posts
after reading through the corresponding thread on this type of issue I'll have a hard time ever donating time ever again.:mad3:
I do get that there is frustration. I've certainly had my share over the years, I started this journey of volunteering back in 2003. While there are others that were there in 2001 when the Tahoe side was in jeopardy and FOTR was conceived, I wasn't far behind that. I would suppose there are some that would say that the spot at Soupbowl is the same as when they first came on Rubicon in 2010. Six little years ago.

Sometimes it's all in the perspective. If I said to you that this "issue" is so you can keep using Soupbowl, would that make a difference?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I do get that there is frustration. I've certainly had my share over the years, I started this journey of volunteering back in 2003. While there are others that were there in 2001 when the Tahoe side was in jeopardy and FOTR was conceived, I wasn't far behind that. I would suppose there are some that would say that the spot at Soupbowl is the same as when they first came on Rubicon in 2010. Six little years ago.

Sometimes it's all in the perspective. If I said to you that this "issue" is so you can keep using Soupbowl, would that make a difference?
no. The bullshit has been piling up a tad too deep of late.

·
Registered
623 Posts
complete bullshit. This really is a big waist of time and money. Ill be up there this weekend but camped at buck. Im headed in friday but a few friends are going in some time saturday and are in rigs that would rather avoid soup bowl. Is there a time frame for the work being done?

·
FOF
8,202 Posts
Soup Bowl Easy line step repair October 15th.

Quick, one day project, the trail will be closed with the exception of Soup Bowl to pass the work area.
FOTR's intentions are to place re bar and concrete eliminate the ever growing "step" on the easy line, to prevent traffic congestion, sediment, and the trail widening as well as safety issues near soup bowl.
We will need 10-12 volunteers to help with traffic control, drilling and placing re bar, water gathering and moving, mixing and pouring concrete with the new off road cement mixer.

https://goo.gl/forms/v1M19w6KgeBaHzdf1
Or on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/events/1837659179788523/?ti=as
Questions [email protected]
complete bullshit. This really is a big waist of time and money. Ill be up there this weekend but camped at buck. Im headed in friday but a few friends are going in some time saturday and are in rigs that would rather avoid soup bowl. Is there a time frame for the work being done?
Looks like it's next weekend so I think you are good. I will be up there this weekend as well.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I was up there this weekend, all I can say is that the easy line around soup bowl is still easy.

My favorite part is that just 100' past that spot is a pile of 4"-6" rocks with more than enough material to fill in that area...

·
Registered
623 Posts
We were there the weekend the work was done and even then it didn't seem to change the trail much. Workers said there was a sediment issue and a trail widening issue this fixed.

61 - 80 of 85 Posts