Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some 6 or 8 foot pieces of straight fuel line tubing - and recommendations of what exactly to use. Where can I get it and what should I be looking for? I would assume 3/8" brake line tubing would not come in long pieces from the parts store. I'm just going to use 3/8 send and return to make it easier to source -6AN fittings.

I found some tubing at onlinemetals.com that might work.

(all 3/8 od tubing 7 foot pieces)
Aluminum 6061 .065 wall - $14
a513 dom steel .049 wall - $12
t316 stainless .035 wall - $18

inlinetube.com sells 6' pieces that are more expensive in stainless but their steel tubing prices are cheap...

Will I be able to bend all this stuff in a mini brake line tubing bender or will I need something heavier duty? I know I can bend .035 wall aluminum with my hands, the .065 aluminum should be easy as well.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
rubber hose cracks. mine only lasted 1 year. i now run all AL hardline and braided for movement.

did you try google?

any speed shop will have it.

summit,
jegs,
speedway,
Competition Engineering,
doug herbert,

and yes you can bend it w/ a cheapo brakeline bender. or by hand.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I've seen the bulk tubing that jegs napa and summit sells but noticed it is all sold in coils which prompted this question. I'll try and be more clear. If I want to get stuff that can span short distances without a clip and behave more like rigid tubing does that mean I have to get stuff thicker that would come in straight lenghts versus in a coil? For example my alumium tubing I'm using now is .035" wall and there is no way it could be straightened out without looking all crooked. I would be concerned it would vibrate and work harden. Do I need to order some special thicker shit from mcmaster or a metals place to do something like this below?

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=181639&stc=1

Or will the .028" wall stainless that summit sells in coils work like this? I'd prefer it was not hand bendable so it would retain its strength and require a hand bender.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts