Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some front 40 fenders for a buddy of mine. I have looked online, but I don't have a 40, so I don't know where to start. He does have a budget, so they can't be too expensive. Any suggestions? Is aluminum more expensive than the steel ones?

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I paid about $85 per fender for mine from Certi-fit autobody parts. They are the same fenders CCOT and others sell as aftermarket steel ones.

Not great quality, but generally right, although a few holes onthe left fender needed to be re-drilled.

-Brett

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Don't know about the rest of the country, but certifit up here had them (I got mine there) but have now do not have them, not knowing if they will ever be getting more.

CCOT for steel, a bunch of places have fiberglass.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have a driver's OEM fender new if someone needs it. $189 plus freight from Cody, 82414. (if you paypal, add 3%)

the Toyota fenders can still be had, $260 is list for each although some places can get them cheaper.

if you can find certifit for $85-$100 go for it. At $150 or whatever CCoT has them for they suck. Pass side needs reweld of under support as Jig is set up wrong in Taiwan (so I have been told by 3 shops).

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I agree that for a wheeling truck fiberglass in not the way to go- even if you want to spend hours repairing it. Just not worth the time, IMO.
If my truck was closer, I could post some pics of my "new last year" completely mangled fenders.
I am liking the tube idea more and more, as this is the trucks second or third set of fenders.

As soon as metalmender starts producing them for the bender challenged like myself.....:)

·
Registered
176 Posts
I got my aluminum ones from http://www.aqualu.com. They're a company out of Kelowna BC I believe. they make wider than stock ones too. I've had mine for a while now, seem to hold up as well as the old steel ones, and they will never rust!

Hope this helps

·
Registered
130 Posts
mano002 said:
I got my aluminum ones from http://www.aqualu.com. They're a company out of Kelowna BC I believe. they make wider than stock ones too. I've had mine for a while now, seem to hold up as well as the old steel ones, and they will never rust!

Hope this helps
What'd they cost you?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I can't remember what I paid for them now, I got them sent to Powell River (north of Vancouver) from Kelowna, I seem to think it came out to around 400$, but it was in 1997 that I got them, so it's been a while. burnt03, it says you're from Kelowna, why don't you phone them?

I didn't get the wide ones at the time, cuz I only had 235s on then, but I'd sure like them now with my 35s.

·
Registered
130 Posts
mano002 said:
burnt03, it says you're from Kelowna, why don't you phone them?
Cause I'm lazy and it was easier to type the question to you then to try to find the number :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
green73

Hey Steve, did you bring this weater with you from Alaska? We haven't had snow here in a long while.
Thanks for all of the leads on the fenders guys, I have looked at a couple of the sites and passed on the info to my buddy...thanks again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts