Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a line on good (and inexpensive) online sources of replacement OEM fitment bolts?
I'm looking for my '98 XJ, but i have at least some measurements that i could use to get some other product that might not have been specifically OEM.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I bought replacement grade8 bolts at true value or look a hardware stores

·
Registered
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The neighbourhood hardware stores were my first stop, but none around me seem to have these types of items. Home Depot doesn't stock stuff like this...
I actually talked to a parts guy at a dealership and he faxed me diagrams and some part numbers and measurements too. That guy was a big help, so at least now i can look online and see if places like fastenal will have exactly what i need.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
the john deer dealership a few towns over sells grade 8 hardware. maybe yours might too?

·
Change is good.
35,183 Posts
the john deer dealership a few towns over sells grade 8 hardware. maybe yours might too?
The Cat dealerships even have them with the cool Cat logo on them. I had a bunch of them on my old Bronco.

·
Registered
14,946 Posts
Tractor Supply Company sell grade 5 and 8 bolts by the pound, I've bought plenty but don't know the price but it's not much. For $10 you could get a hell of a lotta bolts and nuts.

·
Registered
60,133 Posts
What are the bolts for?

Unless it's ina double sheer application, it won't matter too much if you aren't able to procure or place a grade 8 nut as well.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
-1, Adam's location makes McMaster-Carr a very poor choice, possibly one of the worst in light of the 170% Anti-dumping and Countervailing duty on fastener imports from this supplier.
Sucks to be him, and you, then.

BTW, my package with my grade 8 bolts were sitting on my dining room table when I logged off after making the above post. I ordered them from McMaster around 10 am yesterday.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Maybe have somebody in the states buy them and ship over as used (or other non-incriminating NAFTA method)?

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
The Cat dealerships even have them with the cool Cat logo on them. I had a bunch of them on my old Bronco.
mine have that CAT logo on them to, jason.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
TSC is not bad. My local fastenall dosn't keep much in stock and seems pricey. Columbus fasteners is almost walking distance, has had anything I asked for and is cheap. I've in there for 1 or 2 bolts they didn't even charge me. I bought 10 grade 8 bolts for 2-3 dollars and change, the cost of 1 or 2 at lowes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts