Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in need of some "new" drums to continue work on building my my Scout rear axle for my CJ. Does anyone know of a good cheap source of supply on these? Oreilly's wants $80 per drum - lifetime warranty. RockAuto wants $63 per drum - one year warranty. Are there any other decent options?

Also, if you have some that you'd like to part with that are worth having, please reply here.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
921 Posts
abyssdncr said:
Are there any other decent options?

disc brakes? there is a decent thread in the jeep section about using suzuki front rotors and a multitude of calipers. I'm going to use grand cherokee or explorer calipers on my setup with a tcase ebrake

I didn't realize they were so expensive until after I threw mine out from under the cj and needed a pair for the traveler :mad3:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I checked out the disc thread in the Jeep section and that looks like a very viable option. '97 Tracker discs fit over the hub and a semi-local boneyard has a pair of '97 maxima calipers. Discs for $45 new and calipers $50. If I make the pattern for the caliper bracket, I can have a bud scan it into the CNC plasma and punch out some SS brackets. :D It helps that he has a CJ w/ D44 axles too... Just need to decide on a MC / prop. valve combo.

Brian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts