·
Registered
871 Posts
six states or advanced 4x4

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I get all of mine from NAPA.

I walk in, ask for 3/8" Spring Pin / Center Bolt, they ask me how long I need, I tell 'em, they get 'em, I pay, I leave.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys

I tried Napa, but I had to explain what a center pin was to the guy....

As for Six states, today was officially the day where I was not going to drive to six states....guess Iwill have to do it tomorrow :D

Randy did you drill out your springs for the bigger pin?

·
Premium Member
5,013 Posts
I get mine from the local 4x4 shop... there is actually one left around here... well, there was, haven't really been in there since a new owner took over, last owner was reall cool though....

Rancho makes/offers some. Kind of universial one, like 2" of thread, cut to fit. Been good for me. Something like $7 for the set (of 2).

But if you live near 6-states....

44044 center pins too short/small?? How?? They were very simular to the 3/8 rancho units I usually use for me?!?!

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
I get my 3/8" SP from the spring shop. Along with U-bolts, perches, spring clips...... The spring shop is about 10 minutes from my house. It's nice living in a real city :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
Ben W said:
I always use standard allen bolts. Then drill the hole in the perch larger to fit the allen head.
I have used the alan head too, but the dodge mounts i have mounted them on just barely fit.. And i dont think there is any strength issues with them, right?

Garrett

·
Registered
135 Posts
lust make your own with a premium gade bolt and a couple nuts, that's what i did.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
BowtieRed said:
lust make your own with a premium gade bolt and a couple nuts, that's what i did.

Same here!:D My stock one sheared off and there was only about half an inch holding it on.....:eek: All better now though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts