Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question goes out to anyone who has gone through this. If putting toy axles under an SJ , will the stock location of spring packs up front work with the toy axles ? Specifically the passenger front side. If not , what has to be done , move the spring hangers to the outside of the frame like a Samurai? Will the ass-end be ok as is, inboarded?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
They need to be outboarded. And Mr. Newbie :rolleyes: , try the "SEARCH" button first. You will find a lot of this type of questions answered there. BTW, welcome :D

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Tusker said:
They need to be outboarded. And Mr. Newbie :rolleyes: , try the "SEARCH" button first. You will find a lot of this type of questions answered there. BTW, welcome :D
Nice that you answered, a search nets this::

150 found

99 say "SEARCH NOOB!

47 say swap in a D44

4 say what's a sj410?

:rolleyes: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
117 Posts
they are the same as the 85 sammy got to be moved out

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
yup that's what I figured. thanks. Saying go search all the time is like those little kids who only know one word-whatever. How fooking anoying is that? Ya i searched, sure there's some on Toyota swaps but not always that specific, especially for 410 guys, oh my fault I don't have 4000 posts so I haven't earned my master mechanic trade ticket yet. Like another thing I know that it is possible to use a toy front driveshaft cut down in the rear, but what do you use up front, another toy front shaft as well?:p

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
you use the front zook drive shaft .cut the u joint end off and put the toy end on if you do it yourself leave the tubes long enough to slide into one another and it will take 4 1/4x 1/4 shims then all you have to do is make shure its strait and weld it.you will know if you dont get it straight .oh buy the way welcome newbi:flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Toy axle

From what I've heard Sue's rig from Breeze is inline with the frame and runs Toy axles...Maybe drop a line and ask her or Randy if it's worked out ok..
I'm set up with YJ's under frame and want to swap to Toy axles as well. I am concerned that the spring would really ride up the pumpkin making the perch far from the center of the axle. That in turn would make axle wrap a problem.....

My two Canadian cents.

DannyL

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
godzuki said:
you use the front zook drive shaft .cut the u joint end off and put the toy end on if you do it yourself leave the tubes long enough to slide into one another and it will take 4 1/4x 1/4 shims then all you have to do is make shure its strait and weld it.you will know if you dont get it straight .oh buy the way welcome newbi:flipoff2:

thanks for the good info guys. Problem with the front is I've got a 410 solid driveshaft(not tube) can't visualize how I'm going to cut and weld toy flanges to that. Could another complete toy shaft work up front instead, then I'd just have to get the centre of the flanges machined bigger? And bolt pattern changed. Would make an easier to find/carry trail spare than a zuk-toy hybrid........:)

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
whats his name said:

thanks for the good info guys. Problem with the front is I've got a 410 solid driveshaft(not tube) can't visualize how I'm going to cut and weld toy flanges to that. Could another complete toy shaft work up front instead, then I'd just have to get the centre of the flanges machined bigger? And bolt pattern changed. Would make an easier to find/carry trail spare than a zuk-toy hybrid........:)
yep that would work to

1 - 9 of 9 Posts