Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past year my wife and I have been working on developing a catheter for racing. IMO, I think the ones that are available don't work as well as they could. I have pimped it over in comps and events to the racers http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=951149 . Although it was developed to withstand the harsh conditions presented by racing something like KOH...it also works great in any application when stopping what you are doing is not an option.
Last night I was thinking about everyone who was coming out to spectate and I remembered seeing about 15 guys peeing on the wall during our entrance into Sledgehammer canyon. Then I remebered a post that Jeff Knoll put up awhile back about the rules set forth by the BLM. Especially the one about "public nudity". There were quite a few comments made about being fined for taking a leak. Which, yes I know, is complete BS...but it is really hard to find a place to take a leak when you have a couple thousand people around you.
I have your answer... go to www.racecatheter.com and buy one of our Fast Flow external catheters. We are having some promotional specials for KOH. Buy 8 or more and get 2 free. The propmotion ends Feb. 12th, 2011.
You can put it on in the morning, find your perfect spot for spectating and you never have to leave . I know it sounds funny, but it flat out kicks ass not having to find a place to take a leak. Now you can just sit there all day long and enjoy the race.
I will be selling them on the lakebed...but I would suggest buying them before the race to insure you have yours. If you decide to buy them on the lakebed, go to the Desert Concepts booth and you can purchase them there. They are $15/piece. We accept all major credit/debit cards. Just click the "buy now" button and you will be taken to the secure PayPal site (you do not need paypal to purchase).
Ladies, my wife is a RN and she is actually the one who developed the catheter with my input. She is working on something for women...we just don't have it available, yet.
Have fun at KOH 2011

Jason Berger

Attachments

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
sounds tempting, but I have moral objections to putting anything with a Goat logo on my Johnson. :D

·
Premium Member
2,832 Posts
Damn you are seriously good at pimping :) I didn't think I wanted to use these racing but apparently I'd be the only one on the lakebed without one :)

Good luck with the launch of your new product. Sounds like its going to be a hit.

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
Hell yea, I wear them to parties all the time:grinpimp:. I've seriously never had any issues with the ones that PCI sells, but always willing to try some "strange".:laughing:

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
Isnt it all kind of a tube?

can I get one with 25ft of hose so I can wrap it around me and keep myself warm when I whizz?
Funny thing is, during every race when I pee...I swear I'm pissing all over myself. It hasn't happened, but that "warm" sensation is definately unnerving.:laughing:

·
Premium Member
7,489 Posts
That's fawkin' disgusting!:laughing:
Why? The ones that pci sells have the "condom" part, and the tube part sticks onto it, then you can buy just the condom part, instead of having to buy the entire kit over and over again. And its just piss, and its your piss... its not like you are shitting through it, then trying to clean it out.

Isnt it all kind of a tube?

can I get one with 25ft of hose so I can wrap it around me and keep myself warm when I whizz?
I don't know how Jason's are made. If it is all one piece, that may be why its a better design, hench my question. As far as the long tube, that would be funny, Last year at KOH was the first time I used one, and the first time I actually "used" it I thought it was leaking, cause of the warm feeling running down my leg... it was nice on a cold morning:D

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
Why? The ones that pci sells have the "condom" part, and the tube part sticks onto it, then you can buy just the condom part, instead of having to buy the entire kit over and over again. And its just piss, and its your piss... its not like you are shitting through it, then trying to clean it out.
Have at it, I'll just stick to buying a new one for every race.:grinpimp:

·
Registered
4,322 Posts

I don't know how Jason's are made. If it is all one piece, that may be why its a better design, hench my question. As far as the long tube, that would be funny, Last year at KOH was the first time I used one, and the first time I actually "used" it I thought it was leaking, cause of the warm feeling running down my leg... it was nice on a cold morning:D

They look to be 2 piece. As far as a longer tube goes, it would create a lot of 'head pressure' , (hydro term) and could be a problem.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
i wore one (different brand) while spectating KOH last year. it was probably the best purchase i made while out at the hammers. seriously.

i'd also be interested in buying just the replacement adhesive "condom" part to save. will you sell them separate? if so, how much?

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
sounds tempting, but I have moral objections to putting anything with a Goat logo on my Johnson. :D
LOL...it does not have the logo on the condom

Damn you are seriously good at pimping :) I didn't think I wanted to use these racing but apparently I'd be the only one on the lakebed without one :)

Good luck with the launch of your new product. Sounds like its going to be a hit.
:D

Hey Jason, can you buy just the "condom" part, and re-use the tube part? Or is it all one piece?
We have made it one peice. There is a reason behind it. Other manufactures are using a barbed plastic fitting to connect the two. Most of the time it works ok...but you are connecting two different types of material. The barbed fitting is not plyable and can cause a kink or twist, which will result in catheter "blow off". It is also very important how far the tube is in to the end of the catheter to minimize twist bewteen the two. We also suggest using transpore tape (same that is used in surgery and is included in our kit) to tape the catheter to the inside of your thigh. This minimizes the possibility of the end of the catheter twisting. Also, the tape is used to tape in around your ankle or shoe. This directs the flow so you don't pee on your shoe and most importantly keeps your buddies from stepping on it :mad3:

Do they come in small? I have small weiner and a even smaller bladder. Add a large beer drinking problem and that leads to having to take a leak every 10mins.
Just order a Large. I didn't think anybody would order a small...so I sized them Large and x-large. If you are of an average size (and you know if you are...it was fun expalining to my wife that every guy knows exactly where he rates in the penis size world) just order the Large. If you are a little more proud, then order the extra large. Even if it is too big...it will not come off unless you remove it.
Large= 1 1/4 " across the shaft
X-large= 1 1/2" across the shaft
Bigger than that...stay away from my wife! :flipoff2:

Have at it, I'll just stick to buying a new one for every race.:grinpimp:
Exactly. We kept the price the same as every other brand out there. We just believe you are getting a more comprehensive product.

i wore one (different brand) while spectating KOH last year. it was probably the best purchase i made while out at the hammers. seriously.

i'd also be interested in buying just the replacement adhesive "condom" part to save. will you sell them separate? if so, how much?
People don't believe me...but it is quite liberating being able to pee anytime you want. Lance and I were discussing this and he was saying if he is on a long trip by himself, that he puts on one before he leaves the house and brings a bottle.

We are not selling them seperate at the moment. Not that I want to lose your business, but there are already companies out there just selling the condom part. We wanted to create a very complete "kit".

kit includes:
• 1 self-adhesive male
external catheter
• 4 feet of drainage tubing
• 1 roll Transpore tape
• 2 Remove wipes
• 2 Adhesive tape remover
pads

BONUS!
SAVE YOUR UNUSED EXCESS
TUBING & PUT IT IN YOUR
POCKET...IT WORKS GREAT AS A
DRINKING STRAW IN A WATER
BOTTLE SO THAT YOU CAN
DRINK THROUGH YOUR HELMET
AT THE STARTING LINE AND IN
THE PITS!Using the unused end of your catheter is awesome as a drinking straw. You can easily leave your helmet on. You need yo stay hydrated if you want to stay focused.

Yes, a ridiculous amount of time and thought has gone into this. When I was co-driving for Scherer, I wanted to make sure that I was able to give him 110% at ALL times. No distractions! I'm not sure how other teams compete...but Rage 4th never left anything on the table. It even worked out well when I ran across the desert for a couple of miles last year to get parts...I didn't have to stop running to pee.

·
Premium Member
7,489 Posts
The one piece design makes sense, that was kinda the root of the question. Jason, can I assume if I order today, or tommorrow, I will get them before I leave for KOH??

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The one piece design makes sense, that was kinda the root of the question. Jason, can I assume if I order today, or tommorrow, I will get them before I leave for KOH??
We are shipping USPS priority 2-3 day shipping time. I will process it right away. When are you leaving?

·
Registered
966 Posts
Jason,

I would like two of these, can I get them from you at JV and pay cash?

Derek

1 - 20 of 34 Posts