Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
98 jeep TJ 609 axles
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gathering parts for front and rear 609's for my TJ. Currently have cromo d44's and 35" tires. Stepping up to Spidertrax housings, hi9's and Solid Axle outers.

After living a few years south of the border (Mexico, in petrochemical/ plastics field) I finally found a decent fabricator I trust. So we'll see how this goes.

Before

·
Registered
47 Posts
Do those inner axle seals really seal, or just slow down the oil??? Cant really see a cheesy single lip seal without a kicker spring really holding back oil!!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
You might consider adding a second inner seal. The Spidertrax Seal housing will allow more than one seal.
Exactly. They do seal double lipped. I've run mine on the hiway a few times, and they stayed sealed.

Bummer you decided to go with hubs and bearings. You must be in dry stuff. Those are my only regret besides my shitty WE coil overs from my build.

·
Trail Tampon
6,028 Posts
jesus!!!

that is alot of high $$$ parts!!!

i have a dumb question - are you going to run a centered front???

·
Registered
272 Posts
What part of Mexico are you in? I've been living in Monterrey for about three years now(about 2 hours south of Laredo,Tx).

·
Registered
272 Posts
I imagine you've already seen this

http://www.jeeperos.com/foros/

Doesn't compare to pirate as far as tech goes, but its a good place to meet people.

If guadalajara is the home of tequila, then I guess Monterrey is home of the titty bar. I've heard there are close to 500. An exageration I'm sure, but there are a lot.

If your ever up this way shoot me a pm, there are tons of good places to wheel.

·
Registered
921 Posts
The double seal is not pictured but it's there.
my only advice to you on the seals is to grease the ever loving shit out of the end of the axle shaft before you stab that bastard in. If its dry you run a very large risk of tearing the seal.. and when i say grease, the more the better!! that's the only draw back I have seen to these seals.

·
---------------
413 Posts
what made you decide to go with solid's ends rather than the spidertrax ones? with the roller kits it is reasonable for how much we can put into these things haha.

·
Registered
98 jeep TJ 609 axles
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
1. Mike @ Solid Axle. He set up roller kits of the parts I needed (not any predetermined setup).

Gotta give credit to Tom at Spidertrax credit. He setup free shipping the day after I asked for a quote.

2. Ease of using Chevy parts anywhere (dude I'm in mainland Mexico as we speak and Chevy parts are everywhere).

1 - 20 of 105 Posts