Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have a Dana 60 out of a 95 F350 in my truck. In a recent project to replace the balljoints, wheel bearings, and seals. I noticed that my spindles had been beaten up pretty bad by a previous owner. I went ahead a purchased new Yukon spindles that are supposed to be for my axle. And they match up to my old spindles in every way except that they have a bevel at the end of the threads that my stock spindles do not have.

During reinstallation of my hubs, I discovered that this bevel seems to be interfering with installing the piece that goes on right after my spindle nut (dont know the part name, but will include pictures.)

Anybody run into this before? Any tips or tricks I need to know? My locking hubs are milemarker premiums if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Note: finally found the name. Its a 3in1 locking spindle nut that I cant get on the spindle

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
So the 3 pieces in question are:

1) inner wheel nut that sets the bearing pre-load, then
2) the lock ring (has the holes in it to slide into the corresponding stub on the aforementioned nut), lastly
3) is the "lock" nut that gets torqued down tight.

Piece number 2 wont fit onto the spindle? But both nuts fit and everything else fits?

If its that "simple" maybe take a die grinder and a remove a little material on the ID of the lock ring?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
So the 3 pieces in question are:

1) inner wheel nut that sets the bearing pre-load, then
2) the lock ring (has the holes in it to slide into the corresponding stub on the aforementioned nut), lastly
3) is the "lock" nut that gets torqued down tight.

Piece number 2 wont fit onto the spindle? But both nuts fit and everything else fits?

If its that "simple" maybe take a die grinder and a remove a little material on the ID of the lock ring? (piece 2 from above)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts