Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i got the socket but it is STUCK. it is soaking in wd 40 now all the ohter castle bolts came off with ease. is it reverse threaded or someting??????

thanks jeff

·
Registered
410 Posts
Put a 3 foot piece of pipe on the breaker bar and sit on it. :D Or at least use a breaker bar.

Hodie :D

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Normal threads. Maybe someone stuck the spacer in wrong with the little nipple facing the wrong way. Think your strong enough to break it off? :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
bigger hammer

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
F*CK

cant get it, I have a 6 foot pipe on my breaker bar and it aint budgin. I wanted to take off the steering kuckes so i could paint them and take out the axle shafts to make the damn think a little lighter for my SAS Looks like they are stayin on. I will try to get them off once the axle is on my explorer. It makes it twice as hard when the axle is movin around

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
1. Stop using WD40 and start using a real penetrant. WD40 might be fine to stop your gate hinge from squeaking but it don't do Shiite on rust and corrosion. PB Blaster or Nuts Off! work. Working on axles, I go through two things - the "pretty boy" and rubber gloves.
2. Dude you need to use an impact. Or just hammer on your breaker bar. Or use an airhammer to loosen that biggun. :evil: Or a brass punch.
3. Check out jeepsunlimited.com - excellent stock Jeep tech. All of your D30 questions will be answered there.

Best of luck with those tricky "threaded fasteners,"
Bob

·
Registered
15 Posts
Trango said:
1. Stop using WD40 and start using a real penetrant. WD40 might be fine to stop your gate hinge from squeaking but it don't do Shiite on rust and corrosion. PB Blaster or Nuts Off! work. Working on axles, I go through two things - the "pretty boy" and rubber gloves.
2. Dude you need to use an impact. Or just hammer on your breaker bar. Or use an airhammer to loosen that biggun. :evil: Or a brass punch.
3. Check out jeepsunlimited.com - excellent stock Jeep tech. All of your D30 questions will be answered there.

Best of luck with those tricky "threaded fasteners,"
Bob

Yeah wd40 sucks compaird to pb blasters. i hade a 7ft pipe with a breaker bar and broke 2 sockets trying to get mine off

1 - 9 of 9 Posts