Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting in my triangulated 4 link clayton long arm on my tj next weekend and am undecided on the spintech or the hushpower muffler. Kinda lean towards the hushpower so any insight or opinions are welcome. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
I used the hushpower on my wife's wishbone 3 link build on her TJ. It worked out really well. Fairly compact and was really easy to make work. I ordered the muffler and a J bend from Summit and cut the factory flange off at the front of the stock muffler, mitered it a touch, then welded it to the front of the hushpower. Then used the J-bend stuff to go over the wishbone link and then turn and go back to the factory tail pipe.

Ohh and the last flange between the stock tailpipe and the J-bend is something I cut out and uses a cheap run of the mil Felpro gasket. I can cut and send you a set if you are interested. I may have some extra ones hanging around.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I put a spntech pro street on my Titan. They are small, but pretty loud. It actually reduced drone when I cut the part off that went over the axle and dumped it under the truck. Was tired of it rusting through and fixing it. If I keep the truck much longer may go to a magna flow. Good little set up, but pretty loud.

Good luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up goin with the 12" 409 stainless hushpower and I'll just have a tail pipe pent up for it once I put the lift in Thursday. Thanks for the imput and pics tho!

·
Registered
97 TJ - 5.7 Hemi - Round Tires - Roof
542 Posts
I'm putting in my triangulated 4 link clayton long arm on my tj next weekend and am undecided on the spintech or the hushpower muffler. Kinda lean towards the hushpower so any insight or opinions are welcome. Thanks
Love my SpinTech. I used to have MagnaFlow. SpinTech is quieter and smaller than what I had. I am now sold on SpinTech. Here is mine with my 4 link...

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
I had the spintech, it droned at idle, I installed some cheap turbo unit that would fit and it didn't drone. My exhaust dumps aft of the skid.

·
NERD
8,624 Posts
Anyone ever try Borla? I run a 40 series (I think) flowmaster right now with header and a aftermarket cat but to me it sometimes sounds too ricey and will drone sometimes.

What do you guys recommend for a lower rumble exhaust that will work well with my header and cat?

edit: sorry for the thread hijack.....

·
Registered
542 Posts
Anyone ever try Borla? I run a 40 series (I think) flowmaster right now with header and a aftermarket cat but to me it sometimes sounds too ricey and will drone sometimes.

What do you guys recommend for a lower rumble exhaust that will work well with my header and cat?

edit: sorry for the thread hijack.....
Yeah, the Borla was my first after market muffler on my Jeep 12-13 years ago or so. It rusted out the back in about 3 years (they didn't honor their warranty because I did not have my original receipt but I did have my bank statement and it was not good enough for them - fool me once - DONE!. That's when I switched to the Magna Flow and now, due to needing a smaller muffler, I have the SpinTech. Based on what you're requesting I would have recommended the muffler you have now (flowmaster). I had the flowmasters on my 69 Dodge Charger with a 383 (Headman headers & no cats) and it sounded great, very deep. It would vibrate the china in the cabinet (in my house) when I would leave and come home.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Pacificnwestjeeper u got a nice set up and I really dig that rear axle haha make my 44 seem smallish :(
Thanks dude - alot of time and saving $, just about at the Hemi stage.... I just wanted everything else beefed up first before I dropped the V8 in. Now that all that is done I am on the hunt for my motor.

·
NERD
8,624 Posts
Yeah, the Borla was my first after market muffler on my Jeep 12-13 years ago or so. It rusted out the back in about 3 years (they didn't honor their warranty because I did not have my original receipt but I did have my bank statement and it was not good enough for them - fool me once - DONE!. That's when I switched to the Magna Flow and now, due to needing a smaller muffler, I have the SpinTech. Based on what you're requesting I would have recommended the muffler you have now (flowmaster). I had the flowmasters on my 69 Dodge Charger with a 383 (Headman headers & no cats) and it sounded great, very deep. It would vibrate the china in the cabinet (in my house) when I would leave and come home.
Good to know. Was that one of their stainless mufflers?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am running the spintech and it resonates into the cab very badly. Too loud for me on a weekend warrior. Not sure if it makes to much of a difference or not but my muffler ends just past the T-case with a short pipe to turn it down and out just before the rear tire.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a hushpower on my TJ. I have a RamJet 350. Its loud.
I put a universal cat in front of it. A little better. Still looking for something a little quieter.

·
Registered
248 Posts
You running one because of the lawman? I have a universal cat and then turn down after my cat with no muffler. Sounds decent, still a 6 cylinder. No matter what muffler you run. Not much room for one under a TJ with a long arm, maybe a LJ is that much better ....

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
Most of these mufflers were too big for my TJ. Ended up with a small glass pack.
Hushpower is not that much bigger than a glass pack.

I ran a Hushpower out the back on my TJ with a 4 link. Sounded good.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts