Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This could go in newbie But whatever...
Just installed Rear line locks. Here is the summit link http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM-760002&N=700+115&autoview=sku

Now I am having trouble getting the brake pedal back to "normal" I have blead it numerous times and it still fills spongy. Took it for a test drive and the rear tires lock up WAY easier then before when emergency stoping. I have backed up and slammed the brakes on, on gravel to test the front brakes and they seemed to lock up...
But doesnt feel as responsive.... Anyone else had this issue. Is there a trick to bleeding the system when installing a line lock? And the line lock is plumbed in after the proportioning valve.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
check the fittings again and then rebleed from the brake farthest from the booster till the one closest

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bleeding process has been a biatch! Tryed to bleed the rear bleaders on the 80 and striped the damn bleaders so had to hammer on a smaller socket to pry them lose. But yes i have blead the rear(farthest from the master) 3 times. Then decided to bleed the fronts as well, and still no improvment. Dont wana sound like a biatch it will work just fine on the trail, but its not like it used to.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To knock out the remaining air? Ill give that a shot and see.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I think there's a piston in there that can get stuck all the way over to one side when you're trying to blead the brakes. It seems to be a common problem when converting to rear discs. Its worth a shot.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I've got the same problem and I have just been running it like that (YJ, 68 corvette MC, rear disc, line lock). I even got those speedbleeders that seem to work well but its still spongy like you said.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts