Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
thhhpptthh!
46,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a thought after reading thru the drivers/spotters thread. Seems to me that the vast majority(sp?) of actuall competitors here feel that the driver is more important. I agree with this.

How many of you spotters have actually spent time in the drivers seat of your team rig, driving it, learning it, knowing its turning capabilitys, climbing characteristics, etc?

Seems to me that actually KNOWING the rig as well as your dirver does would make you 1000X better spotter?

Or am i just still in need of more coffee??

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
It's a nescesity in my opinion... Not even nescesarily riding in or driving the rig, but having watched how the driver/rig handles on trail rides I feel is important. Having wheeled/known the the other person for some period of time is important too... Lingo is important. For example: "Bump it" might mean "just give it a little gas" to one person... To another it means "back up, forget low gearing, and step on the gas until you're up or the rig breaks, while your spotter runs for cover". :D

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I personaly have not wheeled our jeep but we go wheeling with it sometimes up to three days a week and I usualy am there as a rider/spotter because I always work on my junk and never have it running.

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
I got a good amount of seat time in Walkers rig and did some hard sections with it to get the feal of it. It helped knowing where his blind spots were and how tight it could turn.

·
5,729 Posts
Agreed......I'm just really getting a handle on Eric's Jeep. Knowing what the limits are, etc. Hopefully, someday, we can be a team. We work well in every other area;) !!

Jen

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I agree with you but if you are working with your driver evey day and pushing the rig to it's fullest then youw ill know. But it dose help to sit in the driver seat once and a while!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts